Leno says he ‘felt really bad’ for O’Brien

"The Tonight Show" host tells Oprah he regrets what happened to Conan O'Brien

Topics: Jay Leno, Oprah Winfrey,

Leno says he 'felt really bad' for O'Brien

Jay Leno says he “felt really bad” for Conan O’Brien.

Leno told Oprah Winfrey on Thursday’s episode of her talk show that he thinks what happened to O’Brien is “unfair.” NBC has unseated O’Brien from “The Tonight Show” and moved Leno back to the program he had hosted for 17 years. Leno is scheduled to return to “Tonight” on March 1.

Leno also says he has “regrets” that the situation wasn’t handled better — but he isn’t sure what he could have done differently. He told Winfrey that NBC executives asked him to leave “Tonight” in 2004 because they wanted to give the program to O’Brien.

Harpo Productions has asked O’Brien to appear on “The Oprah Winfrey Show,” but an appearance hasn’t been confirmed.

——

On the Net: http://www.oprah.com

More Related Stories

Featured Slide Shows

  • Share on Twitter
  • Share on Facebook
  • 1 of 5
  • Close
  • Fullscreen
  • Thumbnails

    "Dick Cheney watches television": The four previously unseen 9/11 photos that will make you hate the evil VP all over again

    Dick Cheney watches television

    "Dick Cheney watches television": The four previously unseen 9/11 photos that will make you hate the evil VP all over again

    Dick Cheney watches television

    "Dick Cheney watches television": The four previously unseen 9/11 photos that will make you hate the evil VP all over again

    Dick Cheney watches television

    "Dick Cheney watches television": The four previously unseen 9/11 photos that will make you hate the evil VP all over again

    Dick Cheney watches television

  • Recent Slide Shows

Comments

0 Comments

Comment Preview

Your name will appear as username ( settings | log out )

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href=""> <b> <em> <strong> <i> <blockquote>