Slide show: John Cameron Mitchell, Alejandro Inarritu and others tell us the cinematic moment they couldn't forget
2010 was a year dominated by a few critically acclaimed films (“The Social Network,” “True Grit,” “Inception”), but as Salon’s Andrew O’Hehir argued last week, some of the most unforgettable film moments of the past year were also its most intimate: Annette Bening and Julianne Moore sharing a moment across a dinner table, a father and his daughter bonding at the Chateau Marmont. We asked film industry insiders — including “Rabbit Hole” director John Cameron Mitchell, “Social Network” producer Scott Rudin and “Biutiful” director Alejandro González Iñárritu — what moments and movies they couldn’t forget, from Chloe Moretz in “Kick-Ass” to Tilda Swinton in “I Am Love” to (of course) that little Facebook movie.
Click below to get started — and make sure to share your own picks in the letters.
Iain Blair is a freelance writer in Los Angeles.
More Related Stories
- Ai Weiwei releases heavy metal music video
- Actually, Beyoncé is a feminist
- Marc Maron and Michael Ian Black's epic Twitter battle
- Cannes: Directing 101 with James Franco
- Welcome to the jungle: The definitive oral history of '80s metal
- Burt Bacharach opens up on daughter's suicide
- Steven Spielberg to produce "Halo" television series
- Amazon set to launch fine-art gallery
- Twitter torches Dan Brown's "Inferno"
- Brad Pitt keeps breaking his silence on how boring marriage to Jennifer Aniston was
- Lars von Trier's "Nymphomaniac" to use porn star body doubles
- New Beyoncé single leaked
- The sweet, sure to be short-lived "The Goodwin Games"
- Damon Lindelof admits barely-clothed scene in "Star Trek" was "gratuitous"
- Justin Timberlake: I'm a mediocre folk singer!
- Ray Manzarek, founding member of The Doors, dies at 74
- Beware of book blurbs
- Did a Salon excerpt ruin Penn Jillette's chance to win "Celebrity Apprentice"?
- Zach Galifianakis to take formerly homeless woman to "Hangover 3" premiere
- Seth MacFarlane will not host Oscars again
- "SNL's" uncomfortable Garner/Affleck moment
Featured Slide Shows
The week in 10 picsclose X
- 1 of 11
Credit: AP/LM Otero
Credit: AP/Matt Rourke
Credit: AP/Jenny Aicher
Credit: AP/Molly Riley
Credit: AP/J. Scott Applewhite
Credit: AP/Carolyn Kaster
Credit: AP/Las Vegas Review-Journal/Jeff Scheid
Credit: AP/NASA/Chris Hadfield
Credit: AP/Jacquelyn Martin
Credit: AP/The Duluth News-Tribune/Clint Austin
Recent Slide Shows
- 1 of 11