What to make of Dilbert creator's comments about women and their, um, limitations?
A heartfelt letter from one cartoonist to another:
Oh, Scott, how I envy your upper-body strength, which allows you to open a pickle jar lid with ease instead of using my method of banging it against the kitchen counter and then eating around the broken glass. Scott, when you get pregnant, I’m sure you won’t let family obligations interfere with your drive to succeed the way women do. And don’t worry about breast milk unless you’re some kind of a fanatic who insists on breast milk; formula will be fine.
But I’m curious, Scott, about those really important issues you’re saving yourself for, the ones you might neglect if you were to spend time answering any fool thing women come up with. Is our whining about earning less than men for the same job preventing you from trying to curtail the right-wing juggernaut from taking this country back to some fantasy perfect 1950s time? Because if you’re working on that, I’m completely fine with earning only 80 cents for every dollar you do, I’ll let you order first at any restaurant and I’ll even open the door for you. But I can’t promise not to lose my grip and slam it on your fingers.
(Click on each cartoon for a bigger version.)
More Related Stories
- Developers evict historic women's shelter to build luxury hotel
- Kaitlyn Hunt refuses plea offer, will go to court over high school relationship
- The secrets of cicada survival
- Nobody "needs" to rape
- Catholic Church in market for more exorcists
- Report: Nearly a quarter of all Americans struggle to afford food
- Louie Gohmert: Women should be forced to carry nonviable pregnancies to term
- This is what Guy Fieri looks like as a balloon
- Boy Scouts to members: Just don't be a gay adult
- Anonymous rallies behind Kaitlyn Hunt
- Mistrial in penalty phase of Arias case
- My text blew up in my face
- Boy Scouts end ban on openly gay boys
- Mississippi could begin prosecuting women for miscarriages
- Teenage girl claims she was beaten up for looking like Taylor Swift
- Billionaire hedge funder: Babies, breast-feeding "kill" focus, keep women from succeeding
- "Bookless library" set to open in Texas
- Man arrested for sending Craigslist sex party to neighbor's house
- Greek yogurt, toxic waste hazard?
- Glenn Beck: CNN interview with atheist tornado survivor was a setup!
- Incoming BBC news director on journalism gender gap: "We can do better"
Featured Slide Shows
The week in 10 picsclose X
- 1 of 11
Credit: AP/LM Otero
Credit: AP/Matt Rourke
Credit: AP/Jenny Aicher
Credit: AP/Molly Riley
Credit: AP/J. Scott Applewhite
Credit: AP/Carolyn Kaster
Credit: AP/Las Vegas Review-Journal/Jeff Scheid
Credit: AP/NASA/Chris Hadfield
Credit: AP/Jacquelyn Martin
Credit: AP/The Duluth News-Tribune/Clint Austin
Recent Slide Shows
- 1 of 11