With bonus Donald Trump appearance!
Good news, literate people: Jerome Corsi’s latest book has gone to press. And Matt Drudge has exclusive details! And by “details” I mean “incredibly, comically vague assertions.”
Corsi is best known, still, for his famous “Swift Boat” book, which was full of easily debunked lies about John Kerry, but which was not easily debunked until all the lies had been properly reported and disseminated. Since that book he’s gone “full fruitcake,” repeating every single right-wing conspiracy theory that comes down the pike, from the NAFTA superhighway to the truly weird “abiotic oil” theory, which says petroleum doesn’t come from biological material.
Corsi already wrote his silly Obama book, in time for the 2008 elections, but he forgot to make that book about how Obama was secretly born in Kenya, because that particular conspiracy theory had just been invented at the time. So now he’s giving it another go, with “Where’s the Birth Certificate.”
Drudge’s “FLASH” is very, very funny, so I’m just going to reprint it:
BOOK TO REVEAL OBAMA’S ‘TRUE’ IDENTITY?
Wed Apr 20 2011 10:35:52 ET
This year’s high stakes publishing project quietly went to press this week, the DRUDGE REPORT has learned.
After years of research and digging by the nation’s top private investigators, here it comes:
“WHERE’S THE BIRTH CERTIFICATE? The Case that Barack Obama is not Eligible to be President.”
The street date is a LONG month away, and author Jerome Corsi, the man who torpedoed John Kerry’s presidential dreams with SWIFT BOAT, has gone underground and is holding his new findings thisclose.
“It’s utterly devastating,” reveals a source close to the publisher. “Obama may learn things he didn’t even know about himself!”
Does Corsi definitively declare the location of Obama’s birth?
Will the president’s attorneys attempt to interfere with the book’s distribution? [The publisher vows to vigorously fight any legal action that may be taken.]
Will the book finally — once and for all — put an end to the growing controversy?
Or will it just ignite new ones!?
“When Donald Trump said he sent PIs to Hawaii to get to the bottom of all this, he meant this book,” declares an insider.
[THE CASE ranked #1,341 on AMAZON's hitparade late Wednesday morning.]
Is the “source close to the publisher” the same person as the “insider”? I am going to guess “yes,” and I am also going to guess that both of them are Jerome Corsi.
Also, why did Donald Trump send private investigators to Hawaii to look for this book? Couldn’t Corsi just send him a galley?
More Related Stories
- If Alex Pareene was a cable news executive...
- Portland's senseless war on fluoride
- Graphic video reportedly shows possible London machete attack suspect
- What economists get wrong about the jobs crisis
- Ted Cruz: "I don't trust the Republicans"
- Pa. governor "can't find" any Latinos to work in his administration
- Glenn Beck: "The American people have just been raped"
- "Original Coca-Cola had a very small amount of cocaine"
- Corporations accused of wrongdoing win battle to keep identities secret
- Weak, incompetent Democrats blow another one
- Lois Lerner, IRS disaster
- Cyber attacks could cause the next world war
- Donald Rumsfeld worried that marriage equality will lead to polygamy
- Experts: Fox News spying scandal a game-changer
- Biden cracks Obama teleprompter joke
- IRS official takes the Fifth: "I have not done anything wrong"
- Lessons from Lincoln leave gay immigrants behind
- Los Angeles elects first Jewish mayor
- Peter King: There's "hypocrisy" over aid by Oklahoma senators
- Anthony Weiner announces run for NYC mayor
- How policy nihilists in the Senate doomed LGBT immigrants
Featured Slide Shows
The week in 10 picsclose X
- 1 of 11
Credit: AP/LM Otero
Credit: AP/Matt Rourke
Credit: AP/Jenny Aicher
Credit: AP/Molly Riley
Credit: AP/J. Scott Applewhite
Credit: AP/Carolyn Kaster
Credit: AP/Las Vegas Review-Journal/Jeff Scheid
Credit: AP/NASA/Chris Hadfield
Credit: AP/Jacquelyn Martin
Credit: AP/The Duluth News-Tribune/Clint Austin
Recent Slide Shows
- 1 of 11