Celebutante tells the world there's more to her than meets the eye ... if she could only figure out what it is
Yesterday, celebrity of interest Paris Hilton told Us Weekly a bunch of random facts that most people “wouldn’t know about me.” As in: Did you know Paris Hilton likes to listen to Katy Perry? Now you do!
It’s a pretty incomprehensible list, as if Paris realized that most of the world knows everything interesting about her already, and had to scrape the bottom of the barrel (i.e., iTunes playlist) to come up with some data.
In case she wants to workshop it for a future article, I’ve printed her facts, along with some notes.
1. I love scrapbooking and creating albums as gifts for my friends and family.
More pictures of you and your friends hanging out isn’t a “gift,” it’s a “tabloid.”
2. I was born in NYC and grew up in a hotel.
I think you mean “as a hotel.”
3. I’m an amazing cook. I’m really great at making big breakfasts, but my specialty is lasagna.
Oh, it’s one of these things. “How much do you love eating, Paris?” “So much!”
4. I’ve played piano since I was 5.
So why didn’t you make a tape of that to get famous?
5. I have naturally curly hair.
6. Katy Perry’s music always puts me in a good mood and makes me want to dance.
This is just a declarative sentence.
7. I have pet rats.
8. I love applesauce.
I think it’s time for a parent-teacher conference with the Hiltons again.
9. My most prized possessions are the dresses my grandmother left me.
This is fine.
10. When I was little, my mom would punish me by unplugging my private phone.
I didn’t know that! That sounds terrible! What was it like growing up with Joan Crawford as a mom?
11. I’ve seen There’s Something About Mary countless times.
I believe it. But I also believe you don’t know what numbers mean. “I’ve seen ‘There’s Something About Mary’ BFFteen-times!”
12. My aunts [Kim and Kyle Richards] are on The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills, and it’s one of my favorite shows!
Everyone knows this. That’s why they got on the show.
13. I was a high school cheerleader.
Didn’t know Paris went to high school, so this may be one of the only legitimate items on the list.
14. I own my own motorcycle team, and they just won their first race in France this week!
15. I love Forever 21.
Me too! Ugh, but those lines for checkout take forever (21)! It’s like, why don’t they hire FEWER people to walk around aimlessly and add more people working at the fitting rooms and cashiers? Am I right, Paris? You get it.
16. I’m really good at skiing.
You’re rich and good at downhill sports? No. No way.
17. I was vegan for two years.
Fun fact: Cocaine is vegan.
18. I like to go fishing.
Was this during your vegan period?
19. Elizabeth Taylor was my great aunt.
Actually didn’t know this, so I’ll pass.
20. I have a race car license.
Are those not subject to the same DUI laws as regular licenses?
21. I love to draw. I’m always sketching designs for my handbag and footwear lines.
Seriously? You mean you just drew a picture of this and then someone made it? That’s insane.
22. I can play the violin.
23. I love to play practical jokes on people.
You should hang out with Brad Pitt and George Clooney.
24. I speak French but want to learn more languages.
If you speak French anything like you speak English, it’s not really an accomplishment.
25. I’m a daredevil and love to skydive!
I did not know that. This is very interesting and I feel like I know you much better now, like you are a very good friend or maybe even a BFF. Hey, since we’re BFFriends, do you mind if I borrow some countless dollars? I need it to go buy some rats for a practical race car joke. You get it.
More Related Stories
- Stop what you're doing and go watch "Borgen"
- Teenage girl claims she was beaten up for looking like Taylor Swift
- Mike Judge: "Bowling for Columbine" made me pro-gun
- New York chef serves up eight-course meal around "Arrested Development" jokes
- HLN: Jodi Arias "pleading for her life" got us a ratings win!
- Michael Ian Black on Maron feud: He "considered me a poseur"
- Chekhov's story mirrors Russia's own
- Pussy Riot member Maria Alyokhina denied parole
- Joe Francis apologizes for calling jury "retarded"
- Mary Karr: David Foster Wallace and I kept each other alive
- Morgan Freeman sleeps during televised interview
- J.J. Abrams reveals deleted shower scene with Benedict Cumberbatch
- Is the anti-gay backlash on?
- Paul McCartney backs Pussy Riot
- Cannes: Ryan Gosling's new movie draws the boo-birds
- Radio host tweets rape joke, blames journalists for reporting on it
- Juror responds to Joe Francis' insults with thoughtful email
- New track from the Lonely Island features Solange Knowles, semicolons
- Amazon introduces fan fiction publishing platform
- Naomi Watts, "Argo," "Wonderstone" among bizarre Teen Choice Awards nominees
- Imprisoned Pussy Riot member declares hunger strike
Featured Slide Shows
The week in 10 picsclose X
- 1 of 11
Lisa Montgomery embraces her nephew Thursday after a tornado tore apart her home in Cleburne, Texas. The twister killed six people and destroyed entire swaths of the North Texas town.
Credit: AP/LM Otero
Jack McMahon, the defense attorney for abortion doctor Kermit Gosnell, speaks outside the Criminal Justice Center in Philadelphia Tuesday. His client was convicted of killing three babies in his clinic, and will serve multiple life sentences.
Credit: AP/Matt Rourke
A photo taken Monday captures Vice President Joe Biden's response to a Milwaukee second-grader's innovative proposal to end America's epidemic of gun violence. This guy!
Credit: AP/Jenny Aicher
Sen. Rand Paul, R-Ky., flanked by a grouper-eyed Michele Bachmann, addresses the IRS' admission that it targeted Tea Party groups in advance of the 2012 election. In an op-ed for CNN Thursday, the Kentucky senator slammed the president for his faux outrage.
Credit: AP/Molly Riley
Ousted IRS chief Steven Miller is sworn in on Capitol Hill Friday. Miller testified before the House Ways and Means Committee on the extra scrutiny the agency gave conservative groups applying for tax-exempt status.
Credit: AP/J. Scott Applewhite
Attorney General Eric Holder pauses as he testifies on Capitol Hill before the House Judiciary Committee Wednesday. Holder is under fire, among other things, for the Justice Department's gathering of phone records at the Associated Press.
Credit: AP/Carolyn Kaster
O.J. Simpson sits during an evidentiary hearing at Clark County District Court in Las Vegas, Nev., Thursday. Simpson, who is currently serving a nine-to-33-year sentence in state prison for armed robbery and kidnapping, is using a writ of habeas corpus to seek a new trial.
Credit: AP/Las Vegas Review-Journal/Jeff Scheid
Major Tom to ground control: On Sunday astronaut Chris Hadfield recorded the first music video from space, a cover of David Bowie's "Space Oddity."
Credit: AP/NASA/Chris Hadfield
When it rains it pours. President Barack Obama speaks during a news conference Thursday with Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan, inexplicably inspiring an #umbrellagate Twitter meme.
Credit: AP/Jacquelyn Martin
A smoke plume rises high above a road block at the intersection of County A and Ross Road east of Solon Springs, Wis., Tuesday. No injuries were reported, but the the wildfire caused evacuations across northwestern Wisconsin.
Credit: AP/The Duluth News-Tribune/Clint Austin
Recent Slide Shows
- 1 of 11