So, it wasn’t exactly the best week, news-wise. But no more of that. Purge your memory banks — for just a moment, anyway — of all the legislative close calls and market dives and downgrades. Seriously. For now, just enjoy a reprieve from all the doom and gloom, and check out these life-affirming items:
- A couple from Seattle decided it was time for a change, so they gathered up their savings and traveled the world, recording their experiences in this breathtaking four-minute clip, “Wanderlust.” [The Atlantic]
Wanderlust from Thinklab on Vimeo.
- Watch in wonder as domesticated dogs go to battle against their longtime nemesis: bubbles. [BuzzFeed]
- Last June, Andre the turtle was found stranded and near death after what appears to have been two separate boat collisions. After a year of rehab, scientists released the “miracle turtle” back into the wild this week. [AP]
- In other aquatic news: As part of a religious ceremony, a group of Tibetan Buddhists released 534 lobsters from captivity, dropping them over the side of a whale-watching boat off the coast of Massachusetts. [Reuters]
- Those worried about the “robot apocalypse” can just relax for a second. Not only are the machines not violently overthrowing us — now they’re making us cookies. [Huffington Post]