Like little stars.
1. Slash-list of the day: “The 10 hottest pieces of ‘Star Trek’ Slash Fiction” on Ranker.com includes a bizarre hat-tip to Worf/Wesley Crusher stories. That’s basically worse than furry porn, and as blasphemous as imagining a Khal Drogo/Bran Stark scenario.
2. Sign that James Franco is a force of evil of the day: His “art” show, called “High/Low, Rob Lowe” apparently offended the gods so much that they deemed to destroy the Asia Society Gallery, the venue that Franco-stein had chosen to besmirch the art world.
3. Worst remake of the day: Man, and just when I thought the “Lone Ranger meets the werewolves“ was going to Bruckheimer this week into oblivion, we hear Ridley Scott is taking the helm of a “Blade Runner” do-over. OK, but will it have ghost Indians like Obi-Wan Kenobi?
4. Method acting of the day: Anne Hathaway watched a bunch of videos of cats on YouTube to prepare for her role as Catwoman in “The Dark Knight Rises.” That’s so weird; I didn’t know that I had also been spending the last four years of my life preparing for a Christopher Nolan film.
5. “Office” family reunion of the day: Josh Groban will be guest-starring as Ed Helms’ brother on the NBC comedy next season. The dad from “7th Heaven” will be playing Mr. Bernard Sr., and the mom from “E.T.” will be his wife. Happy family!
Like little stars.
World's best pie apple. Essential for Tarte Tatin. Has five prominent ribs.
So pretty. So early. So ephemeral. Tastes like strawberry candy (slightly).
My personal fave. Ultra-crisp. Graham cracker flavor. Should be famous. Isn't.
High flavored with notes of blood orange and allspice. Very rare.
Jefferson's favorite. The best all-purpose American apple.
New Hampshire's native son has a grizzled appearance and a strangely addictive curry flavor. Very, very rare.
Makes the best hard cider in America. Soon to be famous.
Freak seedling found in an Oregon field in the '60s has pink flesh and a fragrant strawberry snap. Makes a killer rose cider.
Ben Franklin's favorite. Queen Victoria's favorite. Only apple native to NYC.
Really does taste like pineapple.