Infant luxury? The sparkly "diamond bathtub" -- a gift from Kelly Rowland -- seems like a joke. It's not
“Taking a bath is a luxuary [sic] nowadays,” writes designer Lori Gardner on the website for her showy Diamond Bathtub, a symbol of all that is over-the-top. And soon, the daughter of Beyoncé and Jay-Z will have one of her own.
“The Diamond Bathtub makes it easy to relax, unwind, and bask in the glow of a true indulgence” — allowing you to loosen up in the presence of more than 45,000 “precious imported crystals,” Gardner boasts. Sure, it might make some bathers nervous to “unwind” in a tub worth enough to feed a small army — but how could you say no to something that “brings new meaning to indulgent ‘me’ time reserved for leisurely soaking in the tub”? And what baby doesn’t need some me time after a long day of napping?
According to ABC News, Kelly Rowland has purchased a mini version of the “Diamond Bathtub” — designed specifically for babies — as a gift for Beyoncé and Jay-Z’s expected baby daughter. “Your baby bathtub will be a lasting memory to keep forever!” Gardner’s website raves. If nothing else, at $5,200, it seems like a rock-solid early investment.
Did someone buy Beyoncé’s baby a matching rubber duckie? Seen something else that’s Out of Touch? Send us a tip: firstname.lastname@example.org.
More Related Stories
- I'm not achieving my dreams!
- The most popular Tumblr porn
- Slave descendants seek equal rights from Cherokee Nation
- Snapchat is secretly storing your photos
- Peace Corps to allow gay couples to volunteer together
- Facebook's hate speech problem
- Rand Paul: Congress should apologize to Apple, not the other way around
- When my home was destroyed
- Okla. mother's tearful reunion with her 8-year-old son
- New campaign compares gun control to anti-LGBT discrimination
- Study: Salt Lake City is gay parenting capital of the U.S.
- You are less beautiful than you think
- "Ghetto" tour lets you gawk at New York's poor
- Teen activist to meet with Abercrombie CEO
- Watch: Family emerges from storm shelter after tornado
- Okla. tornado survivor reunited with dog trapped in rubble live on camera
- My miscarriages made me question being pro-choice
- Why I tried to be a punk
- I'm terrified of the cicada onslaught
- Limbaugh: No one willing to impeach the first black president
- SAT's right answers are all wrong
Featured Slide Shows
The week in 10 picsclose X
- 1 of 11
Credit: AP/LM Otero
Credit: AP/Matt Rourke
Credit: AP/Jenny Aicher
Credit: AP/Molly Riley
Credit: AP/J. Scott Applewhite
Credit: AP/Carolyn Kaster
Credit: AP/Las Vegas Review-Journal/Jeff Scheid
Credit: AP/NASA/Chris Hadfield
Credit: AP/Jacquelyn Martin
Credit: AP/The Duluth News-Tribune/Clint Austin
Recent Slide Shows
- 1 of 11