It's been fun. I like you. But it's time to take it to the next level
Topics: Inside Salon
When I was a kid my dad worked in radio. On weekends he would bring us kids into the station and let us speak into the microphone. It turned out we were all hams. So when Salon asked me to do a webcast and take questions live, I said, “Roll tape!” Here are some excerpts of what occurred.
It was fun. But now it’s time to get serious.
Salon needs your money. It’s $45 for a Salon Core membership. You need the membership to join the webcast.
$45 just to see me fidget and stare blankly into the camera? Maybe not.
But $45 to make sure Salon stays alive and independent? I’d do that.
Stim did. And now? 20 percent happier! GUARANTEED!
See you April 19 for the next “Since You Asked” Live Webcast.
More Related Stories
- IRS official takes the Fifth: "I have not done anything wrong"
- 9-year-old slams Rahm over Chicago schools
- Experts: Fox News spying scandal a game-changer
- Stockholm riots rage for third day
- Wall Street firm's "Golden Pitchbook" is totally sexist, full of lies
- Ai Weiwei releases heavy metal music video
- Tornado survivor to Wolf Blitzer: Sorry, I'm an atheist. I don't have to thank the Lord
- Actually, Beyoncé is a feminist
- Lessons from Lincoln leave gay immigrants behind
- Must-see morning clip: Toronto's eccentric and allegedly crack-smoking mayor
- Marc Maron and Michael Ian Black's epic Twitter battle
- Los Angeles elects first Jewish mayor
- Peter King: There's "hypocrisy" over aid by Oklahoma senators
- Federal court strikes down Arizona abortion ban
- Anthony Weiner announces run for NYC mayor
- How policy nihilists in the Senate doomed LGBT immigrants
- Jodi Arias: I deserve a second chance
- Oklahoma residents return home to pick up the pieces
- On freedom of speech, Obama-Nixon comparisons are apt
- Florida man with connection to Tsarnaev killed by FBI
- Senate panel approves immigration overhaul
Featured Slide Shows
The week in 10 picsclose X
- 1 of 11
Lisa Montgomery embraces her nephew Thursday after a tornado tore apart her home in Cleburne, Texas. The twister killed six people and destroyed entire swaths of the North Texas town.
Credit: AP/LM Otero
Jack McMahon, the defense attorney for abortion doctor Kermit Gosnell, speaks outside the Criminal Justice Center in Philadelphia Tuesday. His client was convicted of killing three babies in his clinic, and will serve multiple life sentences.
Credit: AP/Matt Rourke
A photo taken Monday captures Vice President Joe Biden's response to a Milwaukee second-grader's innovative proposal to end America's epidemic of gun violence. This guy!
Credit: AP/Jenny Aicher
Sen. Rand Paul, R-Ky., flanked by a grouper-eyed Michele Bachmann, addresses the IRS' admission that it targeted Tea Party groups in advance of the 2012 election. In an op-ed for CNN Thursday, the Kentucky senator slammed the president for his faux outrage.
Credit: AP/Molly Riley
Ousted IRS chief Steven Miller is sworn in on Capitol Hill Friday. Miller testified before the House Ways and Means Committee on the extra scrutiny the agency gave conservative groups applying for tax-exempt status.
Credit: AP/J. Scott Applewhite
Attorney General Eric Holder pauses as he testifies on Capitol Hill before the House Judiciary Committee Wednesday. Holder is under fire, among other things, for the Justice Department's gathering of phone records at the Associated Press.
Credit: AP/Carolyn Kaster
O.J. Simpson sits during an evidentiary hearing at Clark County District Court in Las Vegas, Nev., Thursday. Simpson, who is currently serving a nine-to-33-year sentence in state prison for armed robbery and kidnapping, is using a writ of habeas corpus to seek a new trial.
Credit: AP/Las Vegas Review-Journal/Jeff Scheid
Major Tom to ground control: On Sunday astronaut Chris Hadfield recorded the first music video from space, a cover of David Bowie's "Space Oddity."
Credit: AP/NASA/Chris Hadfield
When it rains it pours. President Barack Obama speaks during a news conference Thursday with Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan, inexplicably inspiring an #umbrellagate Twitter meme.
Credit: AP/Jacquelyn Martin
A smoke plume rises high above a road block at the intersection of County A and Ross Road east of Solon Springs, Wis., Tuesday. No injuries were reported, but the the wildfire caused evacuations across northwestern Wisconsin.
Credit: AP/The Duluth News-Tribune/Clint Austin
Recent Slide Shows
- 1 of 11