DENVER (AP) — Three Florida siblings accused of a shooting at a police officer and staging a daring bank robbery during a multistate crime spree face sentencing on charges stemming from their high-speed chase, shootout and capture in Colorado.
Twenty-nine-year-old Lee Grace Dougherty (DAHK’-or-tee), 27-year-old Dylan Stanley-Dougherty and 22-year-old Ryan Dougherty will be sentenced Monday in Walsenburg, Colorado, where they were captured Aug. 10.
The three siblings face a maximum of between 20 and 32 years in prison. Once they’re sentenced, it’s likely that they won’t be spending time in prison in Colorado.
A federal judge in Georgia has ordered the three returned there to face bank robbery and weapons charges for a robbery at a Valdosta, Ga., bank on Aug. 2.
Their court hearing in Georgia is scheduled for May 15.
More Related Stories
- If Alex Pareene was a cable news executive...
- El Salvador court delays ruling on abortion case while woman's life hangs in the balance
- UK officials: Radical Islam behind London attack
- Pa. governor "can't find" any Latinos to work in his administration
- London machete attack could be linked to terrorism
- Conservative group blames military sexual assault on "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" repeal
- Lois Lerner, IRS disaster
- Donald Rumsfeld worried that marriage equality will lead to polygamy
- Experts: Fox News spying scandal a game-changer
- San Francisco Giant Jeremy Affeldt apologizes for homophobic past
- 9-year-old slams Rahm over Chicago schools
- Stockholm riots rage for third day
- Wall Street firm's "Golden Pitchbook" is totally sexist, full of lies
- Must-see morning clip: Toronto's eccentric and allegedly crack-smoking mayor
- Federal court strikes down Arizona abortion ban
- Jodi Arias: I deserve a second chance
- Oklahoma residents return home to pick up the pieces
- Florida man with connection to Tsarnaev killed by FBI
- FBI identifies 5 Benghazi suspects
- Here come the tornado truthers. Already
- Peace Corps to allow gay couples to volunteer together
Featured Slide Shows
The week in 10 picsclose X
- 1 of 11
Credit: AP/LM Otero
Credit: AP/Matt Rourke
Credit: AP/Jenny Aicher
Credit: AP/Molly Riley
Credit: AP/J. Scott Applewhite
Credit: AP/Carolyn Kaster
Credit: AP/Las Vegas Review-Journal/Jeff Scheid
Credit: AP/NASA/Chris Hadfield
Credit: AP/Jacquelyn Martin
Credit: AP/The Duluth News-Tribune/Clint Austin
Recent Slide Shows
- 1 of 11