LONDON (AP) — American glam rockers KISS are unleashing their “Monster” on the UK public.
The band — Gene Simmons, Paul Stanley, Tommy Thayer and Eric Singer— was in London on Tuesday to launch its new retrospective book, “KISS Monster,” and to hold a news conference.
The limited edition book — which is three feet (1 meter) tall — features unseen photographs from the band’s 40-year career.
“A band that is bigger than life deserves a book that’s bigger than life. You could call it a coffee table book, but if you put legs on it, it is a coffee table,” joked Stanley.
Only 1,000 copies of “KISS Monster” will be on sale and each one will be signed by the band. It will retail at a staggering >2,742 ($4,299).
“It’s not a cheap book because it is hand bound, hand put together. It’s the Rolls-Royce of books,” said Simmons.
“KISS Monster” is now on sale in the U.K.
More Related Stories
- Cannes: Directing 101 with James Franco
- Welcome to the jungle: The definitive oral history of '80s metal
- Burt Bacharach opens up on daughter's suicide
- Steven Spielberg to produce "Halo" television series
- Amazon set to launch fine-art gallery
- Twitter torches Dan Brown's "Inferno"
- Brad Pitt keeps breaking his silence on how boring marriage to Jennifer Aniston was
- Lars von Trier's "Nymphomaniac" to use porn star body doubles
- New Beyoncé single leaked
- The sweet, sure to be short-lived "The Goodwin Games"
- Damon Lindelof admits barely-clothed scene in "Star Trek" was "gratuitous"
- Justin Timberlake: I'm a mediocre folk singer!
- Ray Manzarek, founding member of The Doors, dies at 74
- Beware of book blurbs
- Did a Salon excerpt ruin Penn Jillette's chance to win "Celebrity Apprentice"?
- Zach Galifianakis to take formerly homeless woman to "Hangover 3" premiere
- Seth MacFarlane will not host Oscars again
- "SNL's" uncomfortable Garner/Affleck moment
- "Celebrity Apprentice" finale ratings hit a new low
- Worst National Anthem fails
- The truth in Kanye's anti-prison rap
Featured Slide Shows
The week in 10 picsclose X
- 1 of 11
Credit: AP/LM Otero
Credit: AP/Matt Rourke
Credit: AP/Jenny Aicher
Credit: AP/Molly Riley
Credit: AP/J. Scott Applewhite
Credit: AP/Carolyn Kaster
Credit: AP/Las Vegas Review-Journal/Jeff Scheid
Credit: AP/NASA/Chris Hadfield
Credit: AP/Jacquelyn Martin
Credit: AP/The Duluth News-Tribune/Clint Austin
Recent Slide Shows
- 1 of 11