Topics: From the Wires
ALBANY, N.Y. (AP) — Projected starting cornerback Terrell Thomas has left the New York Giants training camp to have his surgically repaired right knee re-examined in New York.
Coach Tom Coughlin said that Thomas reported swelling in his right knee early Monday morning and he was sent to the Hospital for Special Surgery to have it examined.
Coughlin was clearly concerned with the swelling after practice at the University at Albany, but refused to speculate on what might be wrong. He said Thomas slipped in practice Sunday.
A starter in 2009 and 2010, Thomas missed last season after tearing the anterior cruciate ligament in his right knee in a preseason game. He was penciled in as the starting cornerback opposite Corey Webster after Aaron Ross was signed as a free agent by Jacksonville.
More Related Stories
- My text blew up in my face
- Stop what you're doing and go watch "Borgen"
- There's no substitute for government disaster relief
- Holder signed off on search warrant for reporter
- Boy Scouts end ban on openly gay boys
- Mississippi could begin prosecuting women for miscarriages
- Teenage girl claims she was beaten up for looking like Taylor Swift
- Mike Judge: "Bowling for Columbine" made me pro-gun
- UK Military: London attack victim was a "model soldier"
- Billionaire hedge funder: Babies, breast-feeding "kill" focus, keep women from succeeding
- New York chef serves up eight-course meal around "Arrested Development" jokes
- Closing Gitmo is not enough
- Murkowski: Palin too disengaged to run for Senate
- "Bookless library" set to open in Texas
- HLN: Jodi Arias "pleading for her life" got us a ratings win!
- In IRS scandal, new GOP tactic is ignorance
- Twitter beefs up security measures
- Code Pink activist berates Obama at national security speech
- Man arrested for sending Craigslist sex party to neighbor's house
- Michael Ian Black on Maron feud: He "considered me a poseur"
- Chekhov's story mirrors Russia's own
Featured Slide Shows
The week in 10 picsclose X
- 1 of 11
Credit: AP/LM Otero
Credit: AP/Matt Rourke
Credit: AP/Jenny Aicher
Credit: AP/Molly Riley
Credit: AP/J. Scott Applewhite
Credit: AP/Carolyn Kaster
Credit: AP/Las Vegas Review-Journal/Jeff Scheid
Credit: AP/NASA/Chris Hadfield
Credit: AP/Jacquelyn Martin
Credit: AP/The Duluth News-Tribune/Clint Austin
Recent Slide Shows
- 1 of 11