Topics: From the Wires
KIAWAH ISLAND, S.C. (AP) — The final major of the year, and everyone was cramming for their last big exam.
Ernie Els and Adam Scott walked up to the 18th green at Kiawah Island on Wednesday evening about the time most people in the low country would be going out for a dinner of shrimp and grits. Behind them on the Ocean Course was Ian Poulter, facing the prospect of missing out on the Ryder Cup team, and Graeme McDowell, in Sunday contention at the last two majors and hopeful the outcome at the PGA Championship will be different.
The major that bills itself as “Glory’s Last Shot” feels more like a pop quiz.
Rain has kept players from getting in typical practice sessions on a course where they need it.
More Related Stories
- The Bachmann-inspired romance novel
- Is abortion about to doom Republicans again?
- Amazon set to launch fine arts gallery
- Nate Silver: Why the scandals aren't hurting Obama
- Facebook's hate speech problem
- How to oust Michele Bachmann from Congress
- Moore officials: Funds for "safe rooms" were held up by red tape
- Rand Paul: Congress should apologize to Apple, not the other way around
- Twitter torches Dan Brown's "Inferno"
- Rescue crews race to find tornado survivors
- Looting in Oklahoma?
- When my home was destroyed
- Brad Pitt keeps breaking his silence on how boring marriage to Jennifer Aniston was
- Who is Toronto Mayor Rob Ford?
- Lars von Trier's "Nymphomaniac" to use porn star body doubles
- Hundreds of low-wage federally contracted workers strike in D.C.
- Okla. mother's tearful reunion with her 8-year-old son
- New campaign compares gun control to anti-LGBT discrimination
- Colorado judge rules Abercrombie parent company violates Disabilities Act
- When America became a third-world country
- Wikipedia cleans up its mess
Featured Slide Shows
The week in 10 picsclose X
- 1 of 11
Credit: AP/LM Otero
Credit: AP/Matt Rourke
Credit: AP/Jenny Aicher
Credit: AP/Molly Riley
Credit: AP/J. Scott Applewhite
Credit: AP/Carolyn Kaster
Credit: AP/Las Vegas Review-Journal/Jeff Scheid
Credit: AP/NASA/Chris Hadfield
Credit: AP/Jacquelyn Martin
Credit: AP/The Duluth News-Tribune/Clint Austin
Recent Slide Shows
- 1 of 11