Topics: From the Wires
NEW YORK (AP) — Eminem, who battled an addiction to prescription drugs, thanked his fans at a New York concert for helping him get through dark times.
The 39-year-old told hundreds Thursday night that he “wouldn’t have gotten out of that dark place without y’all” before he performed the Grammy-winning song “Not Afraid.” He said the performance was “dedicated to anybody tonight who’s been through personal struggles.”
Eminem’s addiction and climb to sobriety is detailed in his 2010 album “Recovery.” It was that year’s best-selling album.
At the Hammerstein Ballroom the rapper performed more than a dozen songs at an event for the watch brand G-Shock, including the hits “Lose Yourself,” ”Love the Way You Lie” and “The Real Slim Shady.”
Hip-hop foursome Slaughterhouse opened for the Detroit-born rapper.
More Related Stories
- My text blew up in my face
- Stop what you're doing and go watch "Borgen"
- There's no substitute for government disaster relief
- Holder signed off on search warrant for reporter
- Boy Scouts end ban on openly gay boys
- Mississippi could begin prosecuting women for miscarriages
- Teenage girl claims she was beaten up for looking like Taylor Swift
- Mike Judge: "Bowling for Columbine" made me pro-gun
- UK Military: London attack victim was a "model soldier"
- Billionaire hedge funder: Babies, breast-feeding "kill" focus, keep women from succeeding
- New York chef serves up eight-course meal around "Arrested Development" jokes
- Closing Gitmo is not enough
- Murkowski: Palin too disengaged to run for Senate
- "Bookless library" set to open in Texas
- HLN: Jodi Arias "pleading for her life" got us a ratings win!
- In IRS scandal, new GOP tactic is ignorance
- Twitter beefs up security measures
- Code Pink activist berates Obama at national security speech
- Man arrested for sending Craigslist sex party to neighbor's house
- Michael Ian Black on Maron feud: He "considered me a poseur"
- Chekhov's story mirrors Russia's own
Featured Slide Shows
The week in 10 picsclose X
- 1 of 11
Credit: AP/LM Otero
Credit: AP/Matt Rourke
Credit: AP/Jenny Aicher
Credit: AP/Molly Riley
Credit: AP/J. Scott Applewhite
Credit: AP/Carolyn Kaster
Credit: AP/Las Vegas Review-Journal/Jeff Scheid
Credit: AP/NASA/Chris Hadfield
Credit: AP/Jacquelyn Martin
Credit: AP/The Duluth News-Tribune/Clint Austin
Recent Slide Shows
- 1 of 11