Topics: From the Wires
ATLANTA (AP) — Baltimore backup Curtis Painter threw three second-half touchdown passes to lead the Ravens to a 31-17 preseason win over the Falcons on Thursday night.
Atlanta’s Matt Ryan led two touchdown drives, including a scoring pass to Julio Jones, before Painter took over.
Ryan completed 9 of 13 passes for 155 yards, one touchdown and one interception. He was 5 for 5 for 71 yards, including the 7-yard touchdown pass to Jones, on the opening drive for Atlanta (No. 13 in the AP Pro32).
Joe Flacco completed 9 of 12 passes for 88 yards and a touchdown for Baltimore (No. 5). The Falcons led 14-0 before Flacco threw a 9-yard touchdown pass to Ed Dickson midway through the second quarter.
Each starting quarterback left the game in the second quarter.
Online: http://bigstory.ap.org/NFL-Pro32 and http://twitter.com/AP_NFL
Follow Charles Odum on Twitter: https://twitter.com/CharlesOdum
More Related Stories
- Oklahoma residents return home to pick up the pieces
- On freedom of speech, Obama-Nixon comparisons are apt
- Florida man with connection to Tsarnaev killed by FBI
- Senate panel approves immigration overhaul
- FBI identifies 5 Benghazi suspects
- Cannes: Directing 101 with James Franco
- Welcome to the jungle: The definitive oral history of '80s metal
- I'm not achieving my dreams!
- The most popular Tumblr porn
- Slave descendants seek equal rights from Cherokee Nation
- Snapchat is secretly storing your photos
- Here come the tornado truthers. Already
- Peace Corps to allow gay couples to volunteer together
- Is abortion about to doom Republicans again?
- Anti-voter-fraud Tea Party group sues the IRS
- Burt Bacharach opens up on daughter's suicide
- Apple's biggest sin: Popularity
- Steven Spielberg to produce "Halo" television series
- Facebook's hate speech problem
- The Bachmann-inspired romance novel
- Amazon set to launch fine-art gallery
Featured Slide Shows
The week in 10 picsclose X
- 1 of 11
Credit: AP/LM Otero
Credit: AP/Matt Rourke
Credit: AP/Jenny Aicher
Credit: AP/Molly Riley
Credit: AP/J. Scott Applewhite
Credit: AP/Carolyn Kaster
Credit: AP/Las Vegas Review-Journal/Jeff Scheid
Credit: AP/NASA/Chris Hadfield
Credit: AP/Jacquelyn Martin
Credit: AP/The Duluth News-Tribune/Clint Austin
Recent Slide Shows
- 1 of 11