Topics: From the Wires
LONDON (AP) — Mike Krzyzewski says the gold-medal game against Spain will be his last as coach of the U.S. men’s Olympic basketball team.
Krzyzewski had left open the possibility of staying with the team beyond the London Games, but at practice on Saturday told The Associated Press that Sunday’s title game will be his final one as U.S. coach.
Krzyzewski, who has led Duke to four NCAA championships, took over the national team in 2005 and in the past seven years has restored the U.S. program, which was in disarray following a third-place finish at the 2004 Athens Games.
USA Basketball chairman Jerry Colangelo says he plans to have an “official” talk with the 65-year-old Krzyzewski following the games, but he’s already looking to hire a new coach by the first of 2013.
More Related Stories
- 51 killed in massive Oklahoma tornado
- Don't cry climate-change wolf
- My miscarriages made me question being pro-choice
- Why I tried to be a punk
- I'm terrified of the cicada onslaught
- Record tornado devastates Oklahoma
- Ray Manzarek, founding member of The Doors, dies at 74
- Apple uses foreign companies to avoid billions in taxes
- Limbaugh: No one willing to impeach the first black president
- SAT's right answers are all wrong
- Tornado reduces Oklahoma City suburb to rubble
- AP: Toll at least 37 dead in Okla. tornado
- Top White House aides knew about IRS probe but didn't tell Obama
- Entire Midwest on tornado warning
- Beware of book blurbs
- Gohmert: IRS would've "probably shot the Boston Tea Party participants"
- Oregon senator proposes appeal to Monsanto Protection Act
- Supreme Court to rule on prayer at government meetings
- Did a Salon excerpt ruin Penn Jillette's chance to win "Celebrity Apprentice"?
- Beltway scandal machine breaks, knows nothing about America
- Top GOP official: "Sometimes our party does not value" women "as much"
Featured Slide Shows
The week in 10 picsclose X
- 1 of 11
Credit: AP/LM Otero
Credit: AP/Matt Rourke
Credit: AP/Jenny Aicher
Credit: AP/Molly Riley
Credit: AP/J. Scott Applewhite
Credit: AP/Carolyn Kaster
Credit: AP/Las Vegas Review-Journal/Jeff Scheid
Credit: AP/NASA/Chris Hadfield
Credit: AP/Jacquelyn Martin
Credit: AP/The Duluth News-Tribune/Clint Austin
Recent Slide Shows
- 1 of 11