App Store Official Charts for the week ending Oct. 8, 2012:
Top Paid iPhone Apps:
1. Bad Piggies (Rovio Entertainment Ltd)
2. Slender-Man (Rory Harvey)
3. WhatsApp Messenger (WhatsApp Inc.)
4. The Amazing Spider-Man (Gameloft)
5. Minecraft — Pocket Edition (Mojang)
6. Mini Empires Plus (Midverse Studios)
7. Wipeout (Activision Publishing, Inc.)
8. Angry Birds Space (Rovio Entertainment Ltd)
9. Camera+ (tap tap tap)
10. TETRIS (Electronic Arts)
Top Free iPhone Apps:
1. YouTube (Google, Inc.)
2. Hungry Hungry Hippos (Hasbro, Inc.)
3. Podcasts (Apple)
4. Find My iPhone (Apple)
5. NFL Pro 2013 (Gameloft)
6. Instagram (Burbn, Inc.)
7. Facebook (Facebook, Inc.)
8. Find My Friends (Apple)
9. iTunes U (Apple)
10. Flashlight ? (iHandy Inc.)
Top Paid iPad Apps:
1. Bad Piggies HD (Rovio Entertainment Ltd)
2. The Amazing Spider-Man (Gameloft)
3. Pages (Apple)
4. Minecraft — Pocket Edition (Mojang)
5. FIFA SOCCER 13 by EA SPORTS (Electronic Arts)
6. Bad Piggies HD (Rovio Entertainment Ltd)
7. Angry Birds Space HD (Rovio Entertainment Ltd)
8. Tentacles: Enter the Dolphin (Microsoft Corporation)
9. Slender-Man (Rory Harvey)
10. Notability — Take Notes & Annotate PDFs with Dropbox Sync (Ginger Labs)
Top Free iPad Apps:
1. iTunes U (Apple)
2. Podcasts (Apple)
3. NFL Pro 2013 (Gameloft)
4. Find My Friends (Apple)
5. LostWinds (Frontier Developments Ltd)
6. Find My iPhone (Apple)
7. iBooks (Apple)
8. Hungry Hungry Hippos (Hasbro, Inc.)
9. YouTube (Google, Inc.)
10. Skype for iPad (Skype Communications S.a.r.l)
(copyright) 2012 Apple, Inc.
More Related Stories
- Cannes: Directing 101 with James Franco
- Welcome to the jungle: The definitive oral history of '80s metal
- Burt Bacharach opens up on daughter's suicide
- Steven Spielberg to produce "Halo" television series
- Amazon set to launch fine-art gallery
- Twitter torches Dan Brown's "Inferno"
- Brad Pitt keeps breaking his silence on how boring marriage to Jennifer Aniston was
- Lars von Trier's "Nymphomaniac" to use porn star body doubles
- New Beyoncé single leaked
- The sweet, sure to be short-lived "The Goodwin Games"
- Damon Lindelof admits barely-clothed scene in "Star Trek" was "gratuitous"
- Justin Timberlake: I'm a mediocre folk singer!
- Ray Manzarek, founding member of The Doors, dies at 74
- Beware of book blurbs
- Did a Salon excerpt ruin Penn Jillette's chance to win "Celebrity Apprentice"?
- Zach Galifianakis to take formerly homeless woman to "Hangover 3" premiere
- Seth MacFarlane will not host Oscars again
- "SNL's" uncomfortable Garner/Affleck moment
- "Celebrity Apprentice" finale ratings hit a new low
- Worst National Anthem fails
- The truth in Kanye's anti-prison rap
Featured Slide Shows
The week in 10 picsclose X
- 1 of 11
Lisa Montgomery embraces her nephew Thursday after a tornado tore apart her home in Cleburne, Texas. The twister killed six people and destroyed entire swaths of the North Texas town.
Credit: AP/LM Otero
Jack McMahon, the defense attorney for abortion doctor Kermit Gosnell, speaks outside the Criminal Justice Center in Philadelphia Tuesday. His client was convicted of killing three babies in his clinic, and will serve multiple life sentences.
Credit: AP/Matt Rourke
A photo taken Monday captures Vice President Joe Biden's response to a Milwaukee second-grader's innovative proposal to end America's epidemic of gun violence. This guy!
Credit: AP/Jenny Aicher
Sen. Rand Paul, R-Ky., flanked by a grouper-eyed Michele Bachmann, addresses the IRS' admission that it targeted Tea Party groups in advance of the 2012 election. In an op-ed for CNN Thursday, the Kentucky senator slammed the president for his faux outrage.
Credit: AP/Molly Riley
Ousted IRS chief Steven Miller is sworn in on Capitol Hill Friday. Miller testified before the House Ways and Means Committee on the extra scrutiny the agency gave conservative groups applying for tax-exempt status.
Credit: AP/J. Scott Applewhite
Attorney General Eric Holder pauses as he testifies on Capitol Hill before the House Judiciary Committee Wednesday. Holder is under fire, among other things, for the Justice Department's gathering of phone records at the Associated Press.
Credit: AP/Carolyn Kaster
O.J. Simpson sits during an evidentiary hearing at Clark County District Court in Las Vegas, Nev., Thursday. Simpson, who is currently serving a nine-to-33-year sentence in state prison for armed robbery and kidnapping, is using a writ of habeas corpus to seek a new trial.
Credit: AP/Las Vegas Review-Journal/Jeff Scheid
Major Tom to ground control: On Sunday astronaut Chris Hadfield recorded the first music video from space, a cover of David Bowie's "Space Oddity."
Credit: AP/NASA/Chris Hadfield
When it rains it pours. President Barack Obama speaks during a news conference Thursday with Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan, inexplicably inspiring an #umbrellagate Twitter meme.
Credit: AP/Jacquelyn Martin
A smoke plume rises high above a road block at the intersection of County A and Ross Road east of Solon Springs, Wis., Tuesday. No injuries were reported, but the the wildfire caused evacuations across northwestern Wisconsin.
Credit: AP/The Duluth News-Tribune/Clint Austin
Recent Slide Shows
- 1 of 11