Reports find more and more power outages across the East Coast
As Sandy approaches landfall, CBS News has updated their tally of power outages. Just before 4pm EST, over 500,000 customers had lost power across the East Seaboard. CBS reports:
Delaware and Maryland
Delmarva reports about 8,100 customers without power.
BGE reports restoring service to about 4,000 customers Monday; about 2,300 are still without power.
PEPCO had 2,800 customers out.
Additional scattered outages were reported by Mon Power and Potomac Edison,
Unitil reports about 4,800 customers without power.
Public Service Electric & Gas, which is tweeting outage information, says 6,200 customers are offline. Jersey Central Power & Light, which publishes map of outages, is reporting 91,300 homes without power. Atlantic City Electric has about 40,200 outages,
In Upstate New York NYSE&G reports 10,600 customers affected.
PPL Electric Utilities reports about 8,900 customers without power in eastern Pennsylvania.
National Grid says about 12,000 customers had lost power.
Dominion Virginia says on mid-day Monday 9,700 customers were without service.
Natasha Lennard is an assistant news editor at Salon, covering non-electoral politics, general news and rabble-rousing. Follow her on Twitter @natashalennard, email email@example.com. More Natasha Lennard.
More Related Stories
- 2 more arrested in London attacks
- Glenn Beck: CNN interview with atheist tornado survivor was a setup!
- Incoming BBC news director on journalism gender gap: "We can do better"
- Illegal construction, shoddy materials at fault in Bangladesh factory disaster
- Ahead of Obama's speech, U.S. acknowledges four American drone killings
- Must-see morning clip: Bill O'Reilly visits "The Daily Show"
- Lawsuit alleges anti-gay hiring practices at ExxonMobil
- Boy Scouts poised to vote, still greatly divided on gay youth
- House supporters of KXL received $56m from fossil fuel industry
- 80-year-old becomes oldest to climb Mount Everest
- Before FBI shooting man implicated self, Tsarnaev in triple murder
- Paul McCartney backs Pussy Riot
- UK emergency committee convenes after attack
- Brave scout leader tried to reason with London attackers
- If Alex Pareene were a cable news executive...
- El Salvador court delays ruling on abortion case while woman's life hangs in the balance
- UK officials: Radical Islam behind London attack
- Pa. governor "can't find" any Latinos to work in his administration
- London machete attack could be linked to terrorism
- Conservative group blames military sexual assault on "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" repeal
- Lois Lerner, IRS disaster
Featured Slide Shows
The week in 10 picsclose X
- 1 of 11
Credit: AP/LM Otero
Credit: AP/Matt Rourke
Credit: AP/Jenny Aicher
Credit: AP/Molly Riley
Credit: AP/J. Scott Applewhite
Credit: AP/Carolyn Kaster
Credit: AP/Las Vegas Review-Journal/Jeff Scheid
Credit: AP/NASA/Chris Hadfield
Credit: AP/Jacquelyn Martin
Credit: AP/The Duluth News-Tribune/Clint Austin
Recent Slide Shows
- 1 of 11