NEW YORK (AP) — Stocks that moved substantially or traded heavily Monday on the New York Stock Exchange and Nasdaq Stock Market:
Best Buy Co. Inc., up 55 cents at $15.85
The electronics chain said that Sharon McCollam, a former Williams-Sonoma Inc. executive, will become its new chief financial officer.
Beazer Homes USA Inc., down $2.87 at $13.77
The homebuilder said that its loss widened in its fiscal fourth quarter as it dealt with a large loss on debt extinguishment.
DR Horton Inc., down $1.20 at $19.40
Shares of the homebuilder fell even though it said that its fourth-quarter net income more than doubled as it sold more homes.
The Sherwin-Williams Co., up $8.22 at $149.06
The paint seller said that is buying the privately held Mexican paint company Consorcio Comex in a deal worth about $2.34 billion.
Jefferies Group Inc., up $2 at $16.27
Leucadia National, a diversified holding company, said it’s buying the investment banking firm for about $2.6 billion in stock.
GameStop Corp., up 98 cents at $23.09
A Sterne Agee analyst reiterated his “Buy” rating on the video game retailer, saying new video game consoles will boost the company.
Research In Motion Ltd., up 27 cents at $8.81
The BlackBerry maker said that it will hold an official launch event for its new BlackBerry 10 smartphones in late January.
Celgene Corp., up $4.16 at $75.66
The drug maker said that its cancer drug, Abraxane, improved survival for patients in a study with advanced pancreatic cancer.
(This version CORRECTS the name of Best Buy’s new CFO to Sharon McCollam.)
More Related Stories
- If Alex Pareene was a cable news executive...
- El Salvador court delays ruling on abortion case while woman's life hangs in the balance
- UK officials: Radical Islam behind London attack
- Pa. governor "can't find" any Latinos to work in his administration
- London machete attack could be linked to terrorism
- Conservative group blames military sexual assault on "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" repeal
- Lois Lerner, IRS disaster
- Donald Rumsfeld worried that marriage equality will lead to polygamy
- Experts: Fox News spying scandal a game-changer
- San Francisco Giant Jeremy Affeldt apologizes for homophobic past
- 9-year-old slams Rahm over Chicago schools
- Stockholm riots rage for third day
- Wall Street firm's "Golden Pitchbook" is totally sexist, full of lies
- Must-see morning clip: Toronto's eccentric and allegedly crack-smoking mayor
- Federal court strikes down Arizona abortion ban
- Jodi Arias: I deserve a second chance
- Oklahoma residents return home to pick up the pieces
- Florida man with connection to Tsarnaev killed by FBI
- FBI identifies 5 Benghazi suspects
- Here come the tornado truthers. Already
- Peace Corps to allow gay couples to volunteer together
Featured Slide Shows
The week in 10 picsclose X
- 1 of 11
Credit: AP/LM Otero
Credit: AP/Matt Rourke
Credit: AP/Jenny Aicher
Credit: AP/Molly Riley
Credit: AP/J. Scott Applewhite
Credit: AP/Carolyn Kaster
Credit: AP/Las Vegas Review-Journal/Jeff Scheid
Credit: AP/NASA/Chris Hadfield
Credit: AP/Jacquelyn Martin
Credit: AP/The Duluth News-Tribune/Clint Austin
Recent Slide Shows
- 1 of 11