MIDLAND, Texas (AP) — An event organizer says there are “multiple injuries” after a train crashed into a trailer carrying veterans during a West Texas parade.
“Show of Support” president and founder Terry Johnson tells the Midland Reporter-Telegram (http://bit.ly/TPvsN4 ) that a Union Pacific train slammed into a trailer that was on its way to a wounded veterans event Thursday evening.
He says there are “multiple, multiple” injuries and organizers still are trying to account for everyone.
Midland city spokesman Brian Stout tells The Associated Press he doesn’t yet have details about the crash. The AP has left messages with event organizers, Midland Memorial Hospital and the National Transportation Safety Board.
The parade was supposed to end at a “Hunt for Heroes” banquet before wounded service members were treated to a deer-hunting trip this weekend.
Information from: Midland Reporter-Telegram, http://www.mywesttexas.com
More Related Stories
- Mississippi could begin prosecuting women for miscarriages
- Teenage girl claims she was beaten up for looking like Taylor Swift
- UK Military: London attack victim was a "model soldier"
- Billionaire hedge funder: Babies, breast-feeding "kill" focus, keep women from succeeding
- "Bookless library" set to open in Texas
- 2 more arrested in London attacks
- Glenn Beck: CNN interview with atheist tornado survivor was a setup!
- Incoming BBC news director on journalism gender gap: "We can do better"
- Illegal construction, shoddy materials at fault in Bangladesh factory disaster
- Ahead of Obama's speech, U.S. acknowledges four American drone killings
- Must-see morning clip: Bill O'Reilly visits "The Daily Show"
- Lawsuit alleges anti-gay hiring practices at ExxonMobil
- Boy Scouts poised to vote, still greatly divided on gay youth
- House supporters of KXL received $56m from fossil fuel industry
- 80-year-old becomes oldest to climb Mount Everest
- Before FBI shooting man implicated self, Tsarnaev in triple murder
- Paul McCartney backs Pussy Riot
- UK emergency committee convenes after attack
- Brave scout leader tried to reason with London attackers
- If Alex Pareene were a cable news executive...
- El Salvador court delays ruling on abortion case while woman's life hangs in the balance
Featured Slide Shows
The week in 10 picsclose X
- 1 of 11
Credit: AP/LM Otero
Credit: AP/Matt Rourke
Credit: AP/Jenny Aicher
Credit: AP/Molly Riley
Credit: AP/J. Scott Applewhite
Credit: AP/Carolyn Kaster
Credit: AP/Las Vegas Review-Journal/Jeff Scheid
Credit: AP/NASA/Chris Hadfield
Credit: AP/Jacquelyn Martin
Credit: AP/The Duluth News-Tribune/Clint Austin
Recent Slide Shows
- 1 of 11