MIDLAND, Texas (AP) — An event organizer says there are “multiple injuries” after a train crashed into a trailer carrying veterans during a West Texas parade.
“Show of Support” president and founder Terry Johnson tells the Midland Reporter-Telegram (http://bit.ly/TPvsN4 ) that a Union Pacific train slammed into a trailer that was on its way to a wounded veterans event Thursday evening.
He says there are “multiple, multiple” injuries and organizers still are trying to account for everyone.
Midland city spokesman Brian Stout tells The Associated Press he doesn’t yet have details about the crash. The AP has left messages with event organizers, Midland Memorial Hospital and the National Transportation Safety Board.
The parade was supposed to end at a “Hunt for Heroes” banquet before wounded service members were treated to a deer-hunting trip this weekend.
Information from: Midland Reporter-Telegram, http://www.mywesttexas.com
More Related Stories
- Illinois' fracking and coal rush is a national crisis
- Developers evict historic women's shelter to build luxury hotel
- Kaitlyn Hunt refuses plea offer, will go to court over high school relationship
- DHS admits "impossible" to control 3D-printed guns
- Journalists file suit against Manning trial secrecy
- Russia: Syrian regime ready to talk peace
- Report: Nearly a quarter of all Americans struggle to afford food
- Ted Cruz against the world
- Louie Gohmert: Women should be forced to carry nonviable pregnancies to term
- 2 men arrested for endangering commercial aircraft
- Oversized load blamed for bridge collapse
- This is what Guy Fieri looks like as a balloon
- Iran hackers aiming at U.S. energy firms
- Lawyers release data in attempt to discredit Trayvon Martin
- Anonymous rallies behind Kaitlyn Hunt
- Bridge collapse: Part of "aging infrastructure"
- Mistrial in penalty phase of Arias case
- Amanda Bynes arrested after hurling bong from window
- Interstate 5 bridge collapses north of Seattle
- Mississippi could begin prosecuting women for miscarriages
- Teenage girl claims she was beaten up for looking like Taylor Swift
Featured Slide Shows
The week in 10 picsclose X
- 1 of 11
Credit: AP/LM Otero
Credit: AP/Matt Rourke
Credit: AP/Jenny Aicher
Credit: AP/Molly Riley
Credit: AP/J. Scott Applewhite
Credit: AP/Carolyn Kaster
Credit: AP/Las Vegas Review-Journal/Jeff Scheid
Credit: AP/NASA/Chris Hadfield
Credit: AP/Jacquelyn Martin
Credit: AP/The Duluth News-Tribune/Clint Austin
Recent Slide Shows
- 1 of 11