MEXICO CITY (AP) — The tall, lanky models on the runway at a show by the U.S. clothing firm Express may not have been out of place in the fashion world, but they did stick out on Mexico City’s vast, wind-swept main plaza.
Passers-by, motorists and taxi drivers stopped Friday to watch the “Rock the Sidewalk” showing of the firm’s casual styles, ranging from swim suits to cocktail dresses.
The women’s collection featured colors ranging from muted to neon, while the men’s fashions were more neutral.
Some of the onlookers expressed delight at the sight of the long, white runway stretched out across the five-century-old colonial plaza.
Seventeen-year-old student Andrea Mendoza says a show like Friday’s “encourages people to get to know more about fashion and fashion shows.”
More Related Stories
- UK Military: London attack victim was a "model soldier"
- Billionaire hedge funder: Babies, breastfeeding "kill" focus, keep women from succeeding
- Teenage girl claims she was beaten up for looking like Taylor Swift
- "Bookless library" set to open in Texas
- 2 more arrested in London attacks
- Glenn Beck: CNN interview with atheist tornado survivor was a setup!
- Incoming BBC news director on journalism gender gap: "We can do better"
- Illegal construction, shoddy materials at fault in Bangladesh factory disaster
- Ahead of Obama's speech, U.S. acknowledges four American drone killings
- Must-see morning clip: Bill O'Reilly visits "The Daily Show"
- Lawsuit alleges anti-gay hiring practices at ExxonMobil
- Boy Scouts poised to vote, still greatly divided on gay youth
- House supporters of KXL received $56m from fossil fuel industry
- 80-year-old becomes oldest to climb Mount Everest
- Before FBI shooting man implicated self, Tsarnaev in triple murder
- Paul McCartney backs Pussy Riot
- UK emergency committee convenes after attack
- Brave scout leader tried to reason with London attackers
- If Alex Pareene were a cable news executive...
- El Salvador court delays ruling on abortion case while woman's life hangs in the balance
- UK officials: Radical Islam behind London attack
Featured Slide Shows
The week in 10 picsclose X
- 1 of 11
Credit: AP/LM Otero
Credit: AP/Matt Rourke
Credit: AP/Jenny Aicher
Credit: AP/Molly Riley
Credit: AP/J. Scott Applewhite
Credit: AP/Carolyn Kaster
Credit: AP/Las Vegas Review-Journal/Jeff Scheid
Credit: AP/NASA/Chris Hadfield
Credit: AP/Jacquelyn Martin
Credit: AP/The Duluth News-Tribune/Clint Austin
Recent Slide Shows
- 1 of 11