TORONTO (AP) — Police say a Toronto teen is the latest person to be charged in connection with one of the worst mass shootings in the city’s history.
Toronto police said Friday that a 17-year-old boy has been charged with two counts of second-degree murder, 22 counts of aggravated assault, one count each of attempted murder and recklessly discharging a firearm.
The teen suspect, who cannot be identified under the Youth Criminal Justice Act, was scheduled to appear in court Friday.
Numerous gun shots were fired during a July 16 barbecue for young people, killing 14-year-old Shyanne Charles and 23-year-old Joshua Yasay. Twenty-three others were sent to the hospital.
Nineteen-year-old Nahom Tseigazab was charged earlier this week with two counts of second-degree murder, attempted murder and 23 counts of aggravated assault.
More Related Stories
- Here come the tornado truthers. Already
- Peace Corps to allow gay couples to volunteer together
- Moore officials: Funds for "safe rooms" were held up by red tape
- Rand Paul: Congress should apologize to Apple, not the other way around
- Rescue crews race to find tornado survivors
- Looting in Oklahoma?
- Hundreds of low-wage federally contracted workers strike in D.C.
- Okla. mother's tearful reunion with her 8-year-old son
- New campaign compares gun control to anti-LGBT discrimination
- Study: Salt Lake City is gay parenting capital of the U.S.
- Inhofe and Coburn: Red state hypocrites
- Teen activist to meet with Abercrombie CEO
- Watch: Family emerges from storm shelter after tornado
- Must-see morning clip: Barackalypse Now
- Okla. tornado survivor reunited with dog trapped in rubble live on camera
- Is Pope Francis an exorcist?
- Oklahoma death count confirmed at 24, 9 children
- Frantic parents search for children in tornado's wake
- Crews dig through rubble after deadly tornado
- 51 killed in massive Oklahoma tornado
- Don't cry climate-change wolf
Featured Slide Shows
The week in 10 picsclose X
- 1 of 11
Credit: AP/LM Otero
Credit: AP/Matt Rourke
Credit: AP/Jenny Aicher
Credit: AP/Molly Riley
Credit: AP/J. Scott Applewhite
Credit: AP/Carolyn Kaster
Credit: AP/Las Vegas Review-Journal/Jeff Scheid
Credit: AP/NASA/Chris Hadfield
Credit: AP/Jacquelyn Martin
Credit: AP/The Duluth News-Tribune/Clint Austin
Recent Slide Shows
- 1 of 11