SACRAMENTO, Calif. (AP) — Authorities say a crash in northern California has killed four people and injured five others.
California Highway Patrol says two children are among the dead from the accident Saturday evening on Highway 50 near Placerville.
The Sacramento Bee quotes (http://sacb.ee/S4gaUT ) the patrol as saying a westbound Toyota Prius veered into the path of a minivan and the vehicles collided head-on.
Patrol Sgt. Gilbert Lee says a 4-year-old in the minivan and a child in the Prius died as did the Prius’ driver and another adult in the car.
Lee says four others in the minivan, including 1-year-old twins, survived as did a 10-year-old child in the Prius.
The five were rushed to area hospitals, but there was no word on their conditions.
No names were immediately available.
Information from: The Sacramento Bee, http://www.sacbee.com
More Related Stories
- Illinois' fracking and coal rush is a national crisis
- Developers evict historic women's shelter to build luxury hotel
- Kaitlyn Hunt refuses plea offer, will go to court over high school relationship
- DHS admits "impossible" to control 3D-printed guns
- Journalists file suit against Manning trial secrecy
- Russia: Syrian regime ready to talk peace
- Report: Nearly a quarter of all Americans struggle to afford food
- Ted Cruz against the world
- Louie Gohmert: Women should be forced to carry nonviable pregnancies to term
- 2 men arrested for endangering commercial aircraft
- Oversized load blamed for bridge collapse
- This is what Guy Fieri looks like as a balloon
- Iran hackers aiming at U.S. energy firms
- Lawyers release data in attempt to discredit Trayvon Martin
- Anonymous rallies behind Kaitlyn Hunt
- Bridge collapse: Part of "aging infrastructure"
- Mistrial in penalty phase of Arias case
- Amanda Bynes arrested after hurling bong from window
- Interstate 5 bridge collapses north of Seattle
- Mississippi could begin prosecuting women for miscarriages
- Teenage girl claims she was beaten up for looking like Taylor Swift
Featured Slide Shows
The week in 10 picsclose X
- 1 of 11
Credit: AP/LM Otero
Credit: AP/Matt Rourke
Credit: AP/Jenny Aicher
Credit: AP/Molly Riley
Credit: AP/J. Scott Applewhite
Credit: AP/Carolyn Kaster
Credit: AP/Las Vegas Review-Journal/Jeff Scheid
Credit: AP/NASA/Chris Hadfield
Credit: AP/Jacquelyn Martin
Credit: AP/The Duluth News-Tribune/Clint Austin
Recent Slide Shows
- 1 of 11