AMARILLO, Texas (AP) — Millionaire Texas artist Stanley Marsh 3 has been freed on $300,000 bond after being charged with 11 counts of molesting children.
Marsh, known for his 1970s “Cadillac Ranch” art display in the Texas Panhandle, left the Potter County Detention Center in Amarillo on Wednesday night.
Hours earlier, the 74-year-old Marsh surrendered to authorities. Prosecutors accuse him of molesting one 15-year-old and one 16-year-old boy in 2010.
Marsh’s lawyers have denied the allegations. They did not immediately respond to calls seeking comment Thursday.
Several earlier lawsuits allege Marsh paid 10 teens for sex acts. An attorney in the civil cases denies the allegations.
Marsh is known for planting 10 painted Cadillacs nose down on Interstate 40 as an art exhibit. He suffered a massive stroke last year.
More Related Stories
- Developers evict historic women's shelter to build luxury hotel
- Kaitlyn Hunt refuses plea offer, will go to court over high school relationship
- DHS admits "impossible" to control 3D-printed guns
- Journalists file suit against Manning trial secrecy
- Russia: Syrian regime ready to talk peace
- Report: Nearly a quarter of all Americans struggle to afford food
- Ted Cruz against the world
- Louie Gohmert: Women should be forced to carry nonviable pregnancies to term
- 2 men arrested for endangering commercial aircraft
- Oversized load blamed for bridge collapse
- This is what Guy Fieri looks like as a balloon
- Iran hackers aiming at U.S. energy firms
- Lawyers release data in attempt to discredit Trayvon Martin
- Anonymous rallies behind Kaitlyn Hunt
- Bridge collapse: Part of "aging infrastructure"
- Mistrial in penalty phase of Arias case
- Amanda Bynes arrested after hurling bong from window
- Interstate 5 bridge collapses north of Seattle
- Mississippi could begin prosecuting women for miscarriages
- Teenage girl claims she was beaten up for looking like Taylor Swift
- UK Military: London attack victim was a "model soldier"
Featured Slide Shows
The week in 10 picsclose X
- 1 of 11
Credit: AP/LM Otero
Credit: AP/Matt Rourke
Credit: AP/Jenny Aicher
Credit: AP/Molly Riley
Credit: AP/J. Scott Applewhite
Credit: AP/Carolyn Kaster
Credit: AP/Las Vegas Review-Journal/Jeff Scheid
Credit: AP/NASA/Chris Hadfield
Credit: AP/Jacquelyn Martin
Credit: AP/The Duluth News-Tribune/Clint Austin
Recent Slide Shows
- 1 of 11