BOSTON (AP) — A Massachusetts judge has granted a partial victory to a Roman Catholic college sued by an ex-student who said administrators didn’t help her enough when she complained that her roommate was having too much sex.
Lindsay Blankmeyer says her roommate frequently had sex with Blankmeyer present. She said in a federal lawsuit she was driven into a suicidal depression because Stonehill College officials wouldn’t find her a new place to live. She is seeking $150,000 in damages.
The college asked that the suit be dismissed.
The Enterprise (http://bit.ly/SAfRRW ) reports that a judge last month threw out the part of the lawsuit where Blankmeyer claimed discrimination. But the judge allowed her claim that Stonehill didn’t offer her alternate accommodations.
The next scheduled court date is Dec. 19.
Information from: The (Brockton, Mass.) Enterprise, http://www.enterprisenews.com
More Related Stories
- If Alex Pareene was a cable news executive...
- El Salvador court delays ruling on abortion case while woman's life hangs in the balance
- UK officials: Radical Islam behind London attack
- Pa. governor "can't find" any Latinos to work in his administration
- London machete attack could be linked to terrorism
- Conservative group blames military sexual assault on "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" repeal
- Lois Lerner, IRS disaster
- Donald Rumsfeld worried that marriage equality will lead to polygamy
- Experts: Fox News spying scandal a game-changer
- San Francisco Giant Jeremy Affeldt apologizes for homophobic past
- 9-year-old slams Rahm over Chicago schools
- Stockholm riots rage for third day
- Wall Street firm's "Golden Pitchbook" is totally sexist, full of lies
- Must-see morning clip: Toronto's eccentric and allegedly crack-smoking mayor
- Federal court strikes down Arizona abortion ban
- Jodi Arias: I deserve a second chance
- Oklahoma residents return home to pick up the pieces
- Florida man with connection to Tsarnaev killed by FBI
- FBI identifies 5 Benghazi suspects
- Here come the tornado truthers. Already
- Peace Corps to allow gay couples to volunteer together
Featured Slide Shows
The week in 10 picsclose X
- 1 of 11
Credit: AP/LM Otero
Credit: AP/Matt Rourke
Credit: AP/Jenny Aicher
Credit: AP/Molly Riley
Credit: AP/J. Scott Applewhite
Credit: AP/Carolyn Kaster
Credit: AP/Las Vegas Review-Journal/Jeff Scheid
Credit: AP/NASA/Chris Hadfield
Credit: AP/Jacquelyn Martin
Credit: AP/The Duluth News-Tribune/Clint Austin
Recent Slide Shows
- 1 of 11