And has a tattoo of the pop star on his leg VIDEO
Dana Martin, a convicted murderer and rapist currently serving two life sentences, foiled his own plan to castrate and murder Justin Bieber. Dick Knipfing of New Mexico station KRQE said of the plot, ”It just gets weirder, and weirder.”
Martin originally hatched the perverse plot with fellow Las Cruces state prison inmate Mark Staake, who then recruited his nephew, Tanner Ruane. The plan targeted four individuals–two of Martin’s former acquaintances in Vermont, and then Bieber and his bodyguard when they were in New York City a few weeks ago. KRQE reports that Martin “gave strict orders to strangle the victims with a paisley tie, the kind Martin used as his calling card” and that Ruane was to castrate them. (Martin also has a Justin Bieber tattoo on his leg).
Oddly (and luckily), however, Martin turned in Staake and Ruane before any murders took place. Police in Vermont arrested Staake on outstanding warrants before anyone was harmed, and Ruane was later arrested in New York. Police found the murder tools and pruning shears in his possession.
KRQE has the full report:
Prachi Gupta is an Assistant News Editor for Salon, focusing on pop culture. Follow her on Twitter at @prachigu or email her at email@example.com. More Prachi Gupta.
More Related Stories
- Cannes: Directing 101 with James Franco
- Welcome to the jungle: The definitive oral history of '80s metal
- Burt Bacharach opens up on daughter's suicide
- Steven Spielberg to produce "Halo" television series
- Amazon set to launch fine-art gallery
- Twitter torches Dan Brown's "Inferno"
- Brad Pitt keeps breaking his silence on how boring marriage to Jennifer Aniston was
- Lars von Trier's "Nymphomaniac" to use porn star body doubles
- New Beyoncé single leaked
- The sweet, sure to be short-lived "The Goodwin Games"
- Damon Lindelof admits barely-clothed scene in "Star Trek" was "gratuitous"
- Justin Timberlake: I'm a mediocre folk singer!
- Ray Manzarek, founding member of The Doors, dies at 74
- Beware of book blurbs
- Did a Salon excerpt ruin Penn Jillette's chance to win "Celebrity Apprentice"?
- Zach Galifianakis to take formerly homeless woman to "Hangover 3" premiere
- Seth MacFarlane will not host Oscars again
- "SNL's" uncomfortable Garner/Affleck moment
- "Celebrity Apprentice" finale ratings hit a new low
- Worst National Anthem fails
- The truth in Kanye's anti-prison rap
Featured Slide Shows
The week in 10 picsclose X
- 1 of 11
Credit: AP/LM Otero
Credit: AP/Matt Rourke
Credit: AP/Jenny Aicher
Credit: AP/Molly Riley
Credit: AP/J. Scott Applewhite
Credit: AP/Carolyn Kaster
Credit: AP/Las Vegas Review-Journal/Jeff Scheid
Credit: AP/NASA/Chris Hadfield
Credit: AP/Jacquelyn Martin
Credit: AP/The Duluth News-Tribune/Clint Austin
Recent Slide Shows
- 1 of 11