THR was first tipped off when he sent out a parody tweet from his personal account last month
The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed that “Parks and Recreation” star and stand-up comic Aziz Ansari is the voice behind the popular “Homeland” parody account. THR notes that it suspected as much when one of Ansari’s tweets was quickly deleted and appeared minutes later on Nicholas Brody’s Twitter account. He often retweets from the character’s account, as well.
Here are some of Ansari’s recent tweets as the show’s ex-Marine congressman:
Oh what the fuck! Jess threw out all my CDs!!! Guess all the shit is on Spotify, but still...— Nicholas Brody (@SergeantBrody) November 28, 2012
"Hey dad, this CIA safehouse is really cool! TV's in every room!!!" - My son, the idiot. #FuckMe— Nicholas Brody (@SergeantBrody) November 26, 2012
I'm like NEVER doing my Congressman shit. Surprised people aren't more pissed.— Nicholas Brody (@SergeantBrody) November 26, 2012
Big surprise, Mike Faber posted that stupid Facebook privacy thing on his timeline #Doofus— Nicholas Brody (@SergeantBrody) November 26, 2012
Ansari, a fan of the show, told EW last month, “The turns are unexpectedly sharp, and the season’s plot has been aggressively paced in the best way. To put it bluntly, crazy s— just keeps happening.”
Prachi Gupta is an Assistant News Editor for Salon, focusing on pop culture. Follow her on Twitter at @prachigu or email her at email@example.com. More Prachi Gupta.
More Related Stories
- Cannes: Ryan Gosling's new movie draws the boo-birds
- Radio host tweets rape joke, blames journalists for reporting on it
- Juror responds to Joe Francis' insults with thoughtful email
- New track from the Lonely Island features Solange Knowles, semicolons
- Amazon introduces fan fiction publishing platform
- Naomi Watts, "Argo," "Wonderstone" among bizarre Teen Choice Awards nominees
- Imprisoned Pussy Riot member declares hunger strike
- The camp-free "Behind the Candelabra"
- Justin Bieber will destroy you if you live-tweet his parties
- Marc Maron on Twitter feud with Michael Ian Black: "We have an understanding"
- "Girls Gone Wild" creator Joe Francis to jury: "You should be euthanized"
- Ai Weiwei releases heavy metal music video
- Actually, Beyoncé is a feminist
- Marc Maron and Michael Ian Black's epic Twitter battle
- Cannes: Directing 101 with James Franco
- Welcome to the jungle: The definitive oral history of '80s metal
- Burt Bacharach opens up on daughter's suicide
- Steven Spielberg to produce "Halo" television series
- Amazon set to launch fine-art gallery
- Twitter torches Dan Brown's "Inferno"
- Brad Pitt keeps breaking his silence on how boring marriage to Jennifer Aniston was
Featured Slide Shows
The week in 10 picsclose X
- 1 of 11
Credit: AP/LM Otero
Credit: AP/Matt Rourke
Credit: AP/Jenny Aicher
Credit: AP/Molly Riley
Credit: AP/J. Scott Applewhite
Credit: AP/Carolyn Kaster
Credit: AP/Las Vegas Review-Journal/Jeff Scheid
Credit: AP/NASA/Chris Hadfield
Credit: AP/Jacquelyn Martin
Credit: AP/The Duluth News-Tribune/Clint Austin
Recent Slide Shows
- 1 of 11