NEW YORK (AP) — Stocks that moved substantially or traded heavily Wednesday on the New York Stock Exchange and Nasdaq Stock Market:
Eli Lilly & Co., down $1.60 at $49
The drugmaker is planning another study for a potential Alzheimer’s treatment, delaying possible FDA approval and the drug’s sale.
Aetna Inc., up $1.43 at $45.91
A Goldman Sachs analyst says the health insurer’s initial forecast for 2013 may have been stronger than some investors expected.
Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd., down $2.20 at $39.47
Some analysts are disappointed that the drugmaker didn’t give more specific details about the drugs it’s working on.
YM BioSciences Inc., up $1.25 at $2.88
The Canadian drug developer is being bought by Gilead Sciences for $2.95 per share, an 81 percent premium.
For the more heavily traded Class B shares of Berkshire Hathaway Inc., up $2.05 at $89.32
Warren Buffett’s company is paying $1.2 billion to buy back 9,200 Class A shares, and the board approves higher prices for future buybacks.
Coinstar Inc., up $1.15 at $51.96
The company’s DVD kiosk operator, Redbox, is starting an unlimited streaming-video plan for $8 a month in a challenge to Netflix.
Charles River Laboratories International Inc., down $3.65 at $35.65
The medical research equipment provider’s profit prediction for 2013 falls short of the average estimate of Wall Street analysts.
Ziopharm Oncology Inc., down 27 cents at $4.17
A Jefferies analyst thinks the drug developer’s experimental cancer drug may not be effective enough to win regulatory approval.
More Related Stories
- Here come the tornado truthers. Already
- Peace Corps to allow gay couples to volunteer together
- Moore officials: Funds for "safe rooms" were held up by red tape
- Rand Paul: Congress should apologize to Apple, not the other way around
- Rescue crews race to find tornado survivors
- Looting in Oklahoma?
- Hundreds of low-wage federally contracted workers strike in D.C.
- Okla. mother's tearful reunion with her 8-year-old son
- New campaign compares gun control to anti-LGBT discrimination
- Study: Salt Lake City is gay parenting capital of the U.S.
- Inhofe and Coburn: Red state hypocrites
- Teen activist to meet with Abercrombie CEO
- Watch: Family emerges from storm shelter after tornado
- Must-see morning clip: Barackalypse Now
- Okla. tornado survivor reunited with dog trapped in rubble live on camera
- Is Pope Francis an exorcist?
- Oklahoma death count confirmed at 24, 9 children
- Frantic parents search for children in tornado's wake
- Crews dig through rubble after deadly tornado
- 51 killed in massive Oklahoma tornado
- Don't cry climate-change wolf
Featured Slide Shows
The week in 10 picsclose X
- 1 of 11
Credit: AP/LM Otero
Credit: AP/Matt Rourke
Credit: AP/Jenny Aicher
Credit: AP/Molly Riley
Credit: AP/J. Scott Applewhite
Credit: AP/Carolyn Kaster
Credit: AP/Las Vegas Review-Journal/Jeff Scheid
Credit: AP/NASA/Chris Hadfield
Credit: AP/Jacquelyn Martin
Credit: AP/The Duluth News-Tribune/Clint Austin
Recent Slide Shows
- 1 of 11