Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and stories that will be talked about today:
1. LANZA HAD ENOUGH AMMO TO KILL ALMOST EVERY CHILD AT SCHOOL
As a Connecticut town mourns, some residents wonder if life can ever return to normal in Newtown.
2. FIRST FUNERALS FOR THE YOUNGEST
Services are planned for 6-year-olds Jack Pinto, a New York Giants fan who may be buried in Victor Cruz’s jersey, and Noah Pozner, whose twin sister survived the massacre.
3. OBAMA MOURNS IN NEWTOWN AND OPENS DOOR TO GUN CONTROL
The president said he would use “whatever power” he has to prevent mass shootings in the future.
4. JITTERY US GOES BACK TO SCHOOL
Officials planned to add police patrols and make guidance counselors available in the wake of the Newtown shooting.
5. MOVEMENT ON THE ‘FISCAL CLIFF’
Boehner offers tax increases on people making more than $1 million a year.
6. CALL FOR A REDO IN EGYPT VOTE
Rights groups say women, Christians and other opponents were prevented from voting on Morsi’s controversial constitution.
7. AN EXPLOSION INSIDE A US COMPOUND IN KABUL
Dozens are injured after the blast hit an American military contractor’s headquarters.
8. WHAT’S LANDING ON THE MOON
The twin NASA spacecraft Ebb and Flow are expected to plunge into a lunar mountain at 5:28 p.m. after running out of fuel.
9. WHAT PEPSI IS TINKERING WITH
Diet Pepsi is quietly changing its sweetener ahead of a major rebranding set for next month.
10. PRINCESS IS OUT IN PUBLIC
The Duchess of Cambridge attended a BBC sports awards show in her first appearance since her hospitalization for morning sickness.
More Related Stories
- Mississippi could begin prosecuting women for miscarriages
- Teenage girl claims she was beaten up for looking like Taylor Swift
- UK Military: London attack victim was a "model soldier"
- Billionaire hedge funder: Babies, breast-feeding "kill" focus, keep women from succeeding
- "Bookless library" set to open in Texas
- 2 more arrested in London attacks
- Glenn Beck: CNN interview with atheist tornado survivor was a setup!
- Incoming BBC news director on journalism gender gap: "We can do better"
- Illegal construction, shoddy materials at fault in Bangladesh factory disaster
- Ahead of Obama's speech, U.S. acknowledges four American drone killings
- Must-see morning clip: Bill O'Reilly visits "The Daily Show"
- Lawsuit alleges anti-gay hiring practices at ExxonMobil
- Boy Scouts poised to vote, still greatly divided on gay youth
- House supporters of KXL received $56m from fossil fuel industry
- 80-year-old becomes oldest to climb Mount Everest
- Before FBI shooting man implicated self, Tsarnaev in triple murder
- Paul McCartney backs Pussy Riot
- UK emergency committee convenes after attack
- Brave scout leader tried to reason with London attackers
- If Alex Pareene were a cable news executive...
- El Salvador court delays ruling on abortion case while woman's life hangs in the balance
Featured Slide Shows
The week in 10 picsclose X
- 1 of 11
Credit: AP/LM Otero
Credit: AP/Matt Rourke
Credit: AP/Jenny Aicher
Credit: AP/Molly Riley
Credit: AP/J. Scott Applewhite
Credit: AP/Carolyn Kaster
Credit: AP/Las Vegas Review-Journal/Jeff Scheid
Credit: AP/NASA/Chris Hadfield
Credit: AP/Jacquelyn Martin
Credit: AP/The Duluth News-Tribune/Clint Austin
Recent Slide Shows
- 1 of 11