HARRISBURG, Pa. (AP) — A Pennsylvania judge is denying Penn State’s request to put on hold former assistant football coach Mike McQueary’s lawsuit until related criminal cases are resolved.
Judge Thomas Gavin’s order issued Thursday said the criminal cases “impose no burden on Penn State” because the university is neither a prosecutor or defendant in the cases against former administrators Graham Spanier, Tim Curley and Gary Schultz.
McQueary, who testified in June that he complained to then-coach Joe Paterno after seeing defensive coordinator Jerry Sandusky naked in a shower with a boy, is pursuing a whistleblower and defamation case against the school.
Penn State spokesman Dave La Torre declined to comment. McQueary lawyer Elliott Strokoff didn’t immediately return a message seeking comment.
Sandusky is serving a decades-long prison sentence after his conviction for sexually abusing 10 boys.
More Related Stories
- Cannes: Directing 101 with James Franco
- Welcome to the jungle: The definitive oral history of '80s metal
- Burt Bacharach opens up on daughter's suicide
- Steven Spielberg to produce "Halo" television series
- Amazon set to launch fine-art gallery
- Twitter torches Dan Brown's "Inferno"
- Brad Pitt keeps breaking his silence on how boring marriage to Jennifer Aniston was
- Lars von Trier's "Nymphomaniac" to use porn star body doubles
- New Beyoncé single leaked
- The sweet, sure to be short-lived "The Goodwin Games"
- Damon Lindelof admits barely-clothed scene in "Star Trek" was "gratuitous"
- Justin Timberlake: I'm a mediocre folk singer!
- Ray Manzarek, founding member of The Doors, dies at 74
- Beware of book blurbs
- Did a Salon excerpt ruin Penn Jillette's chance to win "Celebrity Apprentice"?
- Zach Galifianakis to take formerly homeless woman to "Hangover 3" premiere
- Seth MacFarlane will not host Oscars again
- "SNL's" uncomfortable Garner/Affleck moment
- "Celebrity Apprentice" finale ratings hit a new low
- Worst National Anthem fails
- The truth in Kanye's anti-prison rap
Featured Slide Shows
The week in 10 picsclose X
- 1 of 11
Credit: AP/LM Otero
Credit: AP/Matt Rourke
Credit: AP/Jenny Aicher
Credit: AP/Molly Riley
Credit: AP/J. Scott Applewhite
Credit: AP/Carolyn Kaster
Credit: AP/Las Vegas Review-Journal/Jeff Scheid
Credit: AP/NASA/Chris Hadfield
Credit: AP/Jacquelyn Martin
Credit: AP/The Duluth News-Tribune/Clint Austin
Recent Slide Shows
- 1 of 11