1. OVER THE CLIFF AND BACK TO CONGRESS
After a contentious vote on the “fiscal cliff,” the 113th Congress is sworn in, following one of the least productive terms in decades.
2. ANYTHING BUT A NORMAL SCHOOL DAY
Survivors of the Newtown rampage in Connecticut go back to school for the first time in a nearby town.
3. WHERE THE GOOGLE CEO WON’T BE ABLE TO TAKE HIS SMARTPHONE
The AP’s Jean H. Lee reports Eric Schmidt is traveling on a humanitarian mission to North Korea.
4. CLINTON LEAVES HOSPITAL
She spent three days in New York receiving blood thinners to dissolve a blood clot in n her head.
5. BOEHNER BACKTRACKS ON BILL FOR SANDY VICTIMS
Facing outraged lawmakers, the House speaker scheduled two votes this month for roughly $60 billion in aid.
6. AL-JAZEERA CHASING AMERICAN VIEWERS
The Pan-Arab network seals a deal to take over Al Gore’s Current TV.
7. FORECASTING FLU SEASON
Scientists are using weather data in their attempts to predict disease outbreaks.
8. WHY A SPERM DONOR WAS TOLD TO PAY CHILD SUPPORT
Kansas officials say the agreement the donor signed with a lesbian couple wasn’t legal because a doctor wasn’t used.
9. WHAT THE MILITARY IS PUNISHING KOREAN POP STAR FOR
Defense officials say Rain met with Korean actress Kim Tae-hee while he was serving mandatory military duty.
10. CARDINALS ‘SHOCK THE WORLD’ IN SUGAR BOWL
No. 22 Louisville made good on safety Calvin Pryor’s promise and upset No. 4 Florida 33-23.
More Related Stories
- Is Pope Francis an exorcist?
- Oklahoma tornado kills at least 91
- Frantic parents search for children in tornado's wake
- Crews dig through rubble after deadly tornado
- 51 killed in massive Oklahoma tornado
- Don't cry climate-change wolf
- Record tornado devastates Oklahoma
- Limbaugh: No one willing to impeach the first black president
- Tornado reduces Oklahoma City suburb to rubble
- AP: Toll at least 37 dead in Okla. tornado
- Entire Midwest on tornado warning
- Oregon senator proposes appeal to Monsanto Protection Act
- Supreme Court to rule on prayer at government meetings
- Beltway scandal machine breaks, knows nothing about America
- Gitmo hunger striker launches Twitter campaign
- "Hero" cop, honored by Obama, accused of double rape
- Father of gay high school student arrested for dating classmate speaks out
- Pentagon adviser pushed Anthrax drug, which his firm produced
- Conservatives A-OK with closeted Boy Scouts
- The new geography of poverty
- Promotion for NYPD cop who cost city $1.5m in settlements
Featured Slide Shows
The week in 10 picsclose X
- 1 of 11
Credit: AP/LM Otero
Credit: AP/Matt Rourke
Credit: AP/Jenny Aicher
Credit: AP/Molly Riley
Credit: AP/J. Scott Applewhite
Credit: AP/Carolyn Kaster
Credit: AP/Las Vegas Review-Journal/Jeff Scheid
Credit: AP/NASA/Chris Hadfield
Credit: AP/Jacquelyn Martin
Credit: AP/The Duluth News-Tribune/Clint Austin
Recent Slide Shows
- 1 of 11