NEW YORK (AP) — Stocks that moved substantially or traded heavily Thursday on the New York Stock Exchange and Nasdaq Stock Market:
The TJX Cos. Inc., up $1.41 at $44.58
The owner of the TJ Maxx and Marshalls clothing stores said its December revenue at stores open at least a year rose 6 percent.
Family Dollar Stores Inc., down $8.30 at $55.74
The discount retailer posted fiscal first-quarter results that fell short of Wall Street expectations.
Nordstrom Inc., up $1.64 at $55.27
The retailer said that a key revenue figure rose 8.6 percent in December compared with a year earlier, beating analysts’ expectations.
UniFirst Corp., up $6.17 at $81.87
Shares of the uniform company hit an all-time high after it posted first-quarter results that topped Wall Street expectations.
SunPower Corp., up $2.94 at $9.07
MidAmerican Energy is buying two solar power projects in California from SunPower, paying up to $2.5 billion for the projects.
Ross Stores Inc., up $4.34 at $58.78
The discount retailer said that a key revenue figure rose 6 percent in December and it raised its fourth-quarter earnings guidance.
Quiksilver Inc., up 15 cents at $4.53
The surf and skate clothing and shoe company named Andy Mooney as president and CEO, succeeding founder Bob McKnight.
Hot Topic Inc., up $1.08 at $10.80
The teen retailer’s sales during the holiday period rose 4 percent from a year ago, and it will open new stores in 2013.
More Related Stories
- 51 killed in massive Oklahoma tornado
- Don't cry climate-change wolf
- Record tornado devastates Oklahoma
- Limbaugh: No one willing to impeach the first black president
- Tornado reduces Oklahoma City suburb to rubble
- AP: Toll at least 37 dead in Okla. tornado
- Entire Midwest on tornado warning
- Oregon senator proposes appeal to Monsanto Protection Act
- Supreme Court to rule on prayer at government meetings
- Beltway scandal machine breaks, knows nothing about America
- Gitmo hunger striker launches Twitter campaign
- "Hero" cop, honored by Obama, accused of double rape
- Father of gay high school student arrested for dating classmate speaks out
- Pentagon adviser pushed Anthrax drug, which his firm produced
- Conservatives A-OK with closeted Boy Scouts
- The new geography of poverty
- Promotion for NYPD cop who cost city $1.5m in settlements
- Obama to all-male university graduates: Be the best husband to "your boyfriend or partner"
- The truth in Kanye's anti-prison rap
- GOP attorney general candidate tried to force women to report miscarriages to police
- Chinese hackers resume attacks against U.S.
Featured Slide Shows
The week in 10 picsclose X
- 1 of 11
Credit: AP/LM Otero
Credit: AP/Matt Rourke
Credit: AP/Jenny Aicher
Credit: AP/Molly Riley
Credit: AP/J. Scott Applewhite
Credit: AP/Carolyn Kaster
Credit: AP/Las Vegas Review-Journal/Jeff Scheid
Credit: AP/NASA/Chris Hadfield
Credit: AP/Jacquelyn Martin
Credit: AP/The Duluth News-Tribune/Clint Austin
Recent Slide Shows
- 1 of 11