PHILADELPHIA (AP) — Philadelphia police are investigating a possible sexual assault at an upscale hotel, and the Brooklyn Nets say the probe involves one of the team’s players.
Officer Jillian Russell, a police spokeswoman, says the assault reportedly happened around 3:30 a.m. Tuesday in a room at the Four Seasons Hotel. Police are investigating, and Russell says no one has been charged.
The Nets say the investigation involves a member of their team, which plays at Philadelphia on Tuesday night. General Manager Billy King says the team will have no further comment until the investigation is concluded and that all of the team’s players will be available for Tuesday’s game against the Sixers.
On Tuesday, Nets forward Andray Blatche wrote about the incident on Twitter.
“Im ok and I didn’t do anything jus was n the area when it happened,” Blatche tweeted.
He later took down the tweet, and eventually posted: “Gettin ready for the game.”
Police tell WCAU-TV that a 21-year-old woman was taken from the hotel to a local hospital.
More Related Stories
- Ray Manzarek, founding member of The Doors, dies at 74
- Beware of book blurbs
- Did a Salon excerpt ruin Penn Jillette's chance to win "Celebrity Apprentice"?
- Zach Galifianakis to take formerly homeless woman to "Hangover 3" premiere
- Seth MacFarlane will not host Oscars again
- "SNL's" uncomfortable Garner/Affleck moment
- "Celebrity Apprentice" finale ratings hit a new low
- Worst National Anthem fails
- The truth in Kanye's anti-prison rap
- Stephen Colbert to UVA: "You must always make the path for yourself"
- "Game of Thrones," season 3, episode 8: A salon
- Bieber booed, Miguel falls on fan at Billboard Awards
- "Mad Men" recap: Love, acid and whores. Lots of whores
- Taylor Swift leads Billboard winners
- “Game of Thrones” recap: “We must do our duty”
- "The Unwinding": What's gone wrong with America
- Michael J. Fox wins: The best and worst of the new fall shows
- First look: The Coens' marvelous folk-music odyssey
- New York's most persecuted subway artist?
- James Franco: "I really felt I was in conversation with Faulkner"
- "Jodorowsky's Dune": The sci-fi classic that never was
Featured Slide Shows
The week in 10 picsclose X
- 1 of 11
Credit: AP/LM Otero
Credit: AP/Matt Rourke
Credit: AP/Jenny Aicher
Credit: AP/Molly Riley
Credit: AP/J. Scott Applewhite
Credit: AP/Carolyn Kaster
Credit: AP/Las Vegas Review-Journal/Jeff Scheid
Credit: AP/NASA/Chris Hadfield
Credit: AP/Jacquelyn Martin
Credit: AP/The Duluth News-Tribune/Clint Austin
Recent Slide Shows
- 1 of 11