LOS ANGELES (AP) — California Gov. Jerry Brown says he feels great after concluding treatment for early-stage prostate cancer.
The 74-year-old Democrat told reporters in Los Angeles on Tuesday that he’s “ready to go.”
Brown’s office disclosed last month that he was undergoing radiation treatment for the second most common cancer to afflict men. His treatment was scheduled to end this week.
It’s Brown’s second cancer scare since re-taking the office he first held from 1975 to 1983. Brown had surgery to remove a cancerous growth on the right side of his nose in 2011.
More Related Stories
- Kaitlyn Hunt refuses plea offer, will go to court over high school relationship
- Journalists file suit against Manning trial secrecy
- Russia: Syrian regime ready to participate in peace talks
- Report: Nearly a quarter of all Americans struggle to afford food
- Ted Cruz against the world
- Louie Gohmert: Women should be forced to carry nonviable pregnancies to term
- 2 men arrested for endangering commercial aircraft
- Oversized load blamed for bridge collapse
- This is what Guy Fieri looks like as a balloon
- Iran hackers aiming at U.S. energy firms
- Lawyers release data in attempt to discredit Trayvon Martin
- Anonymous rallies behind Kaitlyn Hunt
- Bridge collapse: Part of "aging infrastructure"
- Mistrial in penalty phase of Arias case
- Amanda Bynes arrested after hurling bong from window
- Interstate 5 bridge collapses north of Seattle
- Mississippi could begin prosecuting women for miscarriages
- Teenage girl claims she was beaten up for looking like Taylor Swift
- UK Military: London attack victim was a "model soldier"
- Billionaire hedge funder: Babies, breast-feeding "kill" focus, keep women from succeeding
- "Bookless library" set to open in Texas
Featured Slide Shows
The week in 10 picsclose X
- 1 of 11
Credit: AP/LM Otero
Credit: AP/Matt Rourke
Credit: AP/Jenny Aicher
Credit: AP/Molly Riley
Credit: AP/J. Scott Applewhite
Credit: AP/Carolyn Kaster
Credit: AP/Las Vegas Review-Journal/Jeff Scheid
Credit: AP/NASA/Chris Hadfield
Credit: AP/Jacquelyn Martin
Credit: AP/The Duluth News-Tribune/Clint Austin
Recent Slide Shows
- 1 of 11