Move over, Tim Tebow. Kaepernicking is all the craze now.
In the wake of San Francisco’s 45-31 victory over the Green Bay Packers in Saturday night’s NFC divisional playoff, 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick’s touchdown celebration of flexing his right arm and kissing his bicep has taken off on social media.
Several 49ers fans have posted pictures of themselves in the act at home, in bars, on the street, at work or just about any other place they frequent. Some even positioned their toddlers or dogs in the position. Others made online videos.
Kaepernicking had started weeks ago after the quarterback replaced Alex Smith, though the act has increased during San Francisco’s run to the NFC title game against Atlanta. Kaepernick has often retweeted other fans’ pictures of the act on Twitter.
Tebowmania? That’s so last season.
Tebow, a dedicated Christian, had kneeled down in prayer following scores during Denver’s improbable run to the playoffs last year. He faded with the New York Jets this season, and so did Tebowing.
More Related Stories
- What's 2013's "Gone Girl"? Here are this summer's best reads
- Fox executive behind "Does Someone Have to Go?" leaving the network
- Hillary Clinton memoir shows up on Amazon
- A brief history of Jennifer Weiner's literary fights
- First look: Joaquin Phoenix, Marion Cotillard shine in "The Immigrant”
- No women allowed: Summer music festivals are dudefests, again
- Vivica A. Fox tapes anti-gun PSA in front of poster for her movie
- This is what Guy Fieri looks like as a balloon
- Mariah Carey's rambling, cursing, dress-popping "Good Morning America" concert
- Fox's new reality TV show threatens regular people with unemployment
- Amanda Bynes arrested after hurling bong from window
- Steamy lesbian-sex movie has Cannes abuzz
- Stop what you're doing and go watch "Borgen"
- Teenage girl claims she was beaten up for looking like Taylor Swift
- Mike Judge: "Bowling for Columbine" made me pro-gun
- New York chef serves up eight-course meal around "Arrested Development" jokes
- HLN: Jodi Arias "pleading for her life" got us a ratings win!
- Michael Ian Black on Maron feud: He "considered me a poseur"
- Chekhov's story mirrors Russia's own
- Pussy Riot member Maria Alyokhina denied parole
- Joe Francis apologizes for calling jury "retarded"
Featured Slide Shows
The week in 10 picsclose X
- 1 of 11
Credit: AP/LM Otero
Credit: AP/Matt Rourke
Credit: AP/Jenny Aicher
Credit: AP/Molly Riley
Credit: AP/J. Scott Applewhite
Credit: AP/Carolyn Kaster
Credit: AP/Las Vegas Review-Journal/Jeff Scheid
Credit: AP/NASA/Chris Hadfield
Credit: AP/Jacquelyn Martin
Credit: AP/The Duluth News-Tribune/Clint Austin
Recent Slide Shows
- 1 of 11