PHONE’S A HIT: Samsung Electronics Co. said it has sold more than 100 million Galaxy S smartphones since the first model in the series was released nearly three years ago.
PLAYING CATCH-UP: Samsung launched the first Galaxy S model in May 2010 as it scrambled to catch up with Apple Inc., which was reshaping the market with the iPhone. Samsung beat Apple in smartphone sales last year, according to research firm IHS iSuppli.
NEWEST MODEL: Samsung has sold 41 million of its latest version of the phone, the Galaxy S III. Analysts expect a fourth version to be announced before summer.
More Related Stories
- Limbaugh: No one willing to impeach the first black president
- Tornado reduces Oklahoma City suburb to rubble
- Entire Midwest put on tornado warning
- Oregon senator proposes appeal to Monsanto Protection Act
- Supreme Court to rule on prayer at government meetings
- Beltway scandal machine breaks, knows nothing about America
- Gitmo hunger striker launches Twitter campaign
- "Hero" cop, honored by Obama, accused of double rape
- Father of gay high school student arrested for dating classmate speaks out
- Pentagon adviser pushed Anthrax drug, which his firm produced
- Conservatives A-OK with closeted Boy Scouts
- The new geography of poverty
- Promotion for NYPD cop who cost city $1.5m in settlements
- Obama to all-male university graduates: Be the best husband to "your boyfriend or partner"
- The truth in Kanye's anti-prison rap
- GOP attorney general candidate tried to force women to report miscarriages to police
- Chinese hackers resume attacks against U.S.
- Must-see morning clip: Facial recognition software identifies "faceprints"
- Georgian police slow to react to mob violence at gay rights march
- Xenophobia only benefits the 1 percent
- Syrian troops move into strategic, rebel-held town
Featured Slide Shows
The week in 10 picsclose X
- 1 of 11
Credit: AP/LM Otero
Credit: AP/Matt Rourke
Credit: AP/Jenny Aicher
Credit: AP/Molly Riley
Credit: AP/J. Scott Applewhite
Credit: AP/Carolyn Kaster
Credit: AP/Las Vegas Review-Journal/Jeff Scheid
Credit: AP/NASA/Chris Hadfield
Credit: AP/Jacquelyn Martin
Credit: AP/The Duluth News-Tribune/Clint Austin
Recent Slide Shows
- 1 of 11