The following list represents the most viral tracks on Spotify, based on the number of people who shared it divided by the number who listened to it, from Monday, Jan. 7, to Sunday, Jan. 13, via Facebook, Tumblr, Twitter and Spotify.
1. OneRepublic, “If I Lose Myself” (Mosley Music/Interscope Records)
2. David Bowie, “Where Are We Now?” (Columbia)
3. Blake Shelton, “Sure Be Cool If You Did” (Warner Bros.)
4. Black Veil Brides, “In the End” (Universal Republic Records)
5. Robert DeLong, “Global Concepts” (Glassnote)
6. CHVRCHES, “The Mother We Share” (Create Control)
7. The Neighbourhood, “Sweater Weather” (the (r)evolve group)
8. Ra Ra Riot, “Dance With Me” (Barsuk Records)
9. Macklemore & Ryan Lewis feat. Mary Lambert, “Same Love” (Macklemore)
10. Trinidad James, “All Gold Everything” (Def Jam Records)
1. David Bowie, “Where Are We Now?” (Columbia)
2. 1 Fish Man, “One Pound Fish – Radio Mix” (Warner Bros.)
3. CHVRCHES, “The Mother We Share” (National Anthem)
4. Dizzee Rascal, “Bassline Junkie” (Liberator Music)
5. My Chemical Romance, “The Light Behind Your Eyes” (Reprise)
6. Black Veil Brides, “Lost It All” (Universal Republic Records)
7. Macklemore & Ryan Lewis feat. Wanz, “Thrift Shop” (Macklemore)
8. Ben Howard, “Depth Over Distance” (Ben Howard)
9. James Brown, 2Pac, “Unchained (The Payback/Untouchable)” (Visiona Romantica Inc.)
10. HAIM, “Don’t Save Me” (Haim Productions Inc., Under exclusive license to Polydor Records)
More Related Stories
- Illinois' fracking and coal rush is a national crisis
- Developers evict historic women's shelter to build luxury hotel
- Kaitlyn Hunt refuses plea offer, will go to court over high school relationship
- DHS admits "impossible" to control 3D-printed guns
- Journalists file suit against Manning trial secrecy
- Russia: Syrian regime ready to talk peace
- Report: Nearly a quarter of all Americans struggle to afford food
- Ted Cruz against the world
- Louie Gohmert: Women should be forced to carry nonviable pregnancies to term
- 2 men arrested for endangering commercial aircraft
- Oversized load blamed for bridge collapse
- This is what Guy Fieri looks like as a balloon
- Iran hackers aiming at U.S. energy firms
- Lawyers release data in attempt to discredit Trayvon Martin
- Anonymous rallies behind Kaitlyn Hunt
- Bridge collapse: Part of "aging infrastructure"
- Mistrial in penalty phase of Arias case
- Amanda Bynes arrested after hurling bong from window
- Interstate 5 bridge collapses north of Seattle
- Mississippi could begin prosecuting women for miscarriages
- Teenage girl claims she was beaten up for looking like Taylor Swift
Featured Slide Shows
The week in 10 picsclose X
- 1 of 11
Lisa Montgomery embraces her nephew Thursday after a tornado tore apart her home in Cleburne, Texas. The twister killed six people and destroyed entire swaths of the North Texas town.
Credit: AP/LM Otero
Jack McMahon, the defense attorney for abortion doctor Kermit Gosnell, speaks outside the Criminal Justice Center in Philadelphia Tuesday. His client was convicted of killing three babies in his clinic, and will serve multiple life sentences.
Credit: AP/Matt Rourke
A photo taken Monday captures Vice President Joe Biden's response to a Milwaukee second-grader's innovative proposal to end America's epidemic of gun violence. This guy!
Credit: AP/Jenny Aicher
Sen. Rand Paul, R-Ky., flanked by a grouper-eyed Michele Bachmann, addresses the IRS' admission that it targeted Tea Party groups in advance of the 2012 election. In an op-ed for CNN Thursday, the Kentucky senator slammed the president for his faux outrage.
Credit: AP/Molly Riley
Ousted IRS chief Steven Miller is sworn in on Capitol Hill Friday. Miller testified before the House Ways and Means Committee on the extra scrutiny the agency gave conservative groups applying for tax-exempt status.
Credit: AP/J. Scott Applewhite
Attorney General Eric Holder pauses as he testifies on Capitol Hill before the House Judiciary Committee Wednesday. Holder is under fire, among other things, for the Justice Department's gathering of phone records at the Associated Press.
Credit: AP/Carolyn Kaster
O.J. Simpson sits during an evidentiary hearing at Clark County District Court in Las Vegas, Nev., Thursday. Simpson, who is currently serving a nine-to-33-year sentence in state prison for armed robbery and kidnapping, is using a writ of habeas corpus to seek a new trial.
Credit: AP/Las Vegas Review-Journal/Jeff Scheid
Major Tom to ground control: On Sunday astronaut Chris Hadfield recorded the first music video from space, a cover of David Bowie's "Space Oddity."
Credit: AP/NASA/Chris Hadfield
When it rains it pours. President Barack Obama speaks during a news conference Thursday with Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan, inexplicably inspiring an #umbrellagate Twitter meme.
Credit: AP/Jacquelyn Martin
A smoke plume rises high above a road block at the intersection of County A and Ross Road east of Solon Springs, Wis., Tuesday. No injuries were reported, but the the wildfire caused evacuations across northwestern Wisconsin.
Credit: AP/The Duluth News-Tribune/Clint Austin
Recent Slide Shows
- 1 of 11