The following recall has been announced:
THERMAL WALL COOKWARE
DETAILS: Royal Prestige 9-Ply Thermal Wall Cookware imported by Hy Cite Enterprises LLC of Madison, Wis. and manufactured by Meyer Europe SRL of Verdellino, Italy; sold by independent distributors of Hy Cite Enterprises through door-to-door sales individually and in sets. The stainless steel 9-ply “Thermal Wall” pans were sold under the “Royal Prestige” brand name. The cookware includes: 1.5-quart saucepan, 2-quart saucepan, 3-quart Dutch oven, 4-quart Dutch oven, 6-quart Dutch oven, 8-quart Dutch oven, 8-inch skillet, 10.5-inch skillet, 10-inch paella pan and 14-inch paella pan. The pots and pans have a seal including “Thermal Wall” and “9-Ply” imprinted on the bottom.
WHY: The cookware can collapse, crimp or severely deform when exposed to heat, posing a burn and fire hazard to the consumer and nearby property.
INCIDENTS: The company is aware of 1,136 reports of cookware collapsing, crimping or deforming, including one report of consumers getting spattered with hot oil when the pan collapsed inward while cooking.
HOW MANY: About 1.7 million units.
FOR MORE: Contact Hy Cite Enterprises at 800-609-9577 Monday through Thursday from 9 a.m. to 10 p.m. EST, Fridays from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. EST, and Saturdays from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. EST, or visit the firm’s website at http://www.royalprestige.com or http://www.hycite.com .
More Related Stories
- Slave descendants seek equal rights from Cherokee Nation
- Peace Corps to allow gay couples to volunteer together
- Is abortion about to doom Republicans again?
- Anti-voter-fraud Tea Party group sues the IRS
- The Bachmann-inspired romance novel
- Nate Silver: Why the scandals aren't hurting Obama
- How to oust Michele Bachmann from Congress
- Rand Paul: Congress should apologize to Apple, not the other way around
- Who is Toronto Mayor Rob Ford?
- Colorado judge rules Abercrombie parent company violates Disabilities Act
- When America became a third-world country
- Inhofe and Coburn: Red state hypocrites
- It's Whitewater all over again
- Teen activist to meet with Abercrombie CEO
- Anyone regret slashing National Weather Service budget now?
- Oklahoma senator: Tornado aid "totally different" from Sandy aid
- Aloof, shifty Obama: Nixon times ten thousand!
- Obama: Moore "needs to get everything it needs right away"
- California Tea Party group files first IRS lawsuit
- Still no polling backlash for Obama
- Oklahoma senator wants to offset tornado aid with other cuts
Featured Slide Shows
The week in 10 picsclose X
- 1 of 11
Credit: AP/LM Otero
Credit: AP/Matt Rourke
Credit: AP/Jenny Aicher
Credit: AP/Molly Riley
Credit: AP/J. Scott Applewhite
Credit: AP/Carolyn Kaster
Credit: AP/Las Vegas Review-Journal/Jeff Scheid
Credit: AP/NASA/Chris Hadfield
Credit: AP/Jacquelyn Martin
Credit: AP/The Duluth News-Tribune/Clint Austin
Recent Slide Shows
- 1 of 11