Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about today:
1. A VOTE TO AVOID DEBT CRISIS
The House is expected to vote Wednesday to let the government borrow enough to pay three months’ worth of bills.
2. NETANYAHU SCRAMBLES TO RETAIN POWER IN ISRAEL
The elections ended in a deadlock in parliament, making it more difficult for the prime minister to form a new coalition to stay in office.
3. CLINTON FINALLY FACES CONGRESS
The secretary of state testifies about the Sept. 11 attack on the Libya diplomatic mission that killed a U.S. ambassador.
4. WHAT JOBS AREN’T COMING BACK AFTER RECESSION
An AP analysis finds millions of middle-class jobs are disappearing, replaced by technology.
5. TEXAS COLLEGE GUNFIRE SPARKS FEARS OF MASS SHOOTING
Three people were wounded at the Houston-area college and one of the wounded was charged with assault.
6. GENERAL CLEARED IN EMAIL INQUIRY
The Pentagon reviewed more up to 30,000 pages of emails between Gen. John Allen and a Tampa socialite, but found no misconduct.
7. WHO MIGHT LEAVE THE EUROPEAN UNION
British Prime Minister David Cameron says that if his party wins the next election he’ll let voters decide whether to leave the EU.
8. THE COLDEST PLACE IN THE U.S.
Temperatures in Embarrass, Minn., rose to 15 below on Tuesday night from 36 below zero the day before as a deep freeze moved east.
9. LISTEN UP: BEYONCE GOES SILENT WHEN ASKED ABOUT LIP SYNCING
Questions swirl about whether the singer’s voice was pre-recorded for her rendition of the national anthem.
10. SERENA’S GRAND SLAM REIGN ENDS
Williams’ loss in the Australian Open quarterfinals to teenager Sloane Stephens was her first defeat in a major since last year’s French Open.
More Related Stories
- Jodia Arias: I deserve a second chance
- Oklahoma residents return home to pick up the pieces
- Florida man with connection to Tsarnaev killed by FBI
- FBI identifies 5 Benghazi suspects
- Here come the tornado truthers. Already
- Peace Corps to allow gay couples to volunteer together
- Moore officials: Funds for "safe rooms" were held up by red tape
- Rand Paul: Congress should apologize to Apple, not the other way around
- Rescue crews race to find tornado survivors
- Looting in Oklahoma?
- Hundreds of low-wage federally contracted workers strike in D.C.
- Okla. mother's tearful reunion with her 8-year-old son
- New campaign compares gun control to anti-LGBT discrimination
- Study: Salt Lake City is gay parenting capital of the U.S.
- Inhofe and Coburn: Red state hypocrites
- Teen activist to meet with Abercrombie CEO
- Watch: Family emerges from storm shelter after tornado
- Must-see morning clip: Barackalypse Now
- Okla. tornado survivor reunited with dog trapped in rubble live on camera
- Is Pope Francis an exorcist?
- Oklahoma death count confirmed at 24, 9 children
Featured Slide Shows
The week in 10 picsclose X
- 1 of 11
Credit: AP/LM Otero
Credit: AP/Matt Rourke
Credit: AP/Jenny Aicher
Credit: AP/Molly Riley
Credit: AP/J. Scott Applewhite
Credit: AP/Carolyn Kaster
Credit: AP/Las Vegas Review-Journal/Jeff Scheid
Credit: AP/NASA/Chris Hadfield
Credit: AP/Jacquelyn Martin
Credit: AP/The Duluth News-Tribune/Clint Austin
Recent Slide Shows
- 1 of 11