ATLANTA (AP) — Police say they’ve charged a man with armed robbery and vehicle hijacking in the carjacking of an R&B singer in midtown Atlanta.
Authorities say singer Robert Wilson — known as Bobby V or Bobby Valentino — parked a red 2013 Bentley outside the Hot Beats Recording Studio Tuesday night and was approached by two armed robbers. Police say Wilson complied with the men and they drove away. The Bentley was later found abandoned at a commuter train station.
Police said Thursday that Robert Unrico McFarland was being held on charges including robbery and vehicle hijacking charges. Jail records do not list an attorney for McFarland. Police are searching for a second suspect.
Wilson had a hit with the 2005 song “Slow Down” and was featured on “Mrs. Officer” by Lil Wayne in 2008.
More Related Stories
- 51 killed in massive Oklahoma tornado
- Don't cry climate-change wolf
- Record tornado devastates Oklahoma
- Limbaugh: No one willing to impeach the first black president
- Tornado reduces Oklahoma City suburb to rubble
- AP: Toll at least 37 dead in Okla. tornado
- Entire Midwest on tornado warning
- Oregon senator proposes appeal to Monsanto Protection Act
- Supreme Court to rule on prayer at government meetings
- Beltway scandal machine breaks, knows nothing about America
- Gitmo hunger striker launches Twitter campaign
- "Hero" cop, honored by Obama, accused of double rape
- Father of gay high school student arrested for dating classmate speaks out
- Pentagon adviser pushed Anthrax drug, which his firm produced
- Conservatives A-OK with closeted Boy Scouts
- The new geography of poverty
- Promotion for NYPD cop who cost city $1.5m in settlements
- Obama to all-male university graduates: Be the best husband to "your boyfriend or partner"
- The truth in Kanye's anti-prison rap
- GOP attorney general candidate tried to force women to report miscarriages to police
- Chinese hackers resume attacks against U.S.
Featured Slide Shows
The week in 10 picsclose X
- 1 of 11
Credit: AP/LM Otero
Credit: AP/Matt Rourke
Credit: AP/Jenny Aicher
Credit: AP/Molly Riley
Credit: AP/J. Scott Applewhite
Credit: AP/Carolyn Kaster
Credit: AP/Las Vegas Review-Journal/Jeff Scheid
Credit: AP/NASA/Chris Hadfield
Credit: AP/Jacquelyn Martin
Credit: AP/The Duluth News-Tribune/Clint Austin
Recent Slide Shows
- 1 of 11