Sarai Sierra, 33, has been missing since Jan. 21, when she was supposed to return to New York
ISTANBUL (AP) — Turkish police have released security camera footage of a New York City woman who has gone missing while vacationing alone in Istanbul.
Sarai Sierra, 33, has been missing since Jan. 21, when she was supposed to return to New York but was not on her flight back home. She arrived in Istanbul on Jan 7.
CCTV camera footage released Tuesday shows her eating alone at a shopping mall cafeteria near her hostel and walking around the mall. It was not immediately clear when the images were recorded.
The husband and brother of Sierra, a mother of two, were speaking Tuesday with Istanbul police who specialize in missing persons.
Before she went missing, Sierra told relatives she planned to take photographs at a tourist destination.
More Related Stories
- Here come the tornado truthers. Already
- Peace Corps to allow gay couples to volunteer together
- Moore officials: Funds for "safe rooms" were held up by red tape
- Rand Paul: Congress should apologize to Apple, not the other way around
- Rescue crews race to find tornado survivors
- Looting in Oklahoma?
- Hundreds of low-wage federally contracted workers strike in D.C.
- Okla. mother's tearful reunion with her 8-year-old son
- New campaign compares gun control to anti-LGBT discrimination
- Study: Salt Lake City is gay parenting capital of the U.S.
- Inhofe and Coburn: Red state hypocrites
- Teen activist to meet with Abercrombie CEO
- Watch: Family emerges from storm shelter after tornado
- Must-see morning clip: Barackalypse Now
- Okla. tornado survivor reunited with dog trapped in rubble live on camera
- Is Pope Francis an exorcist?
- Oklahoma death count confirmed at 24, 9 children
- Frantic parents search for children in tornado's wake
- Crews dig through rubble after deadly tornado
- 51 killed in massive Oklahoma tornado
- Don't cry climate-change wolf
Featured Slide Shows
The week in 10 picsclose X
- 1 of 11
Credit: AP/LM Otero
Credit: AP/Matt Rourke
Credit: AP/Jenny Aicher
Credit: AP/Molly Riley
Credit: AP/J. Scott Applewhite
Credit: AP/Carolyn Kaster
Credit: AP/Las Vegas Review-Journal/Jeff Scheid
Credit: AP/NASA/Chris Hadfield
Credit: AP/Jacquelyn Martin
Credit: AP/The Duluth News-Tribune/Clint Austin
Recent Slide Shows
- 1 of 11