NEW YORK (AP) — Stocks that moved substantially or traded heavily Monday on the New York Stock Exchange and the Nasdaq Stock Market:
Barnes & Noble Inc., up $1.55 at $15.06
Leonard Riggio, the bookseller’s founder and chairman, told the company that he is going to try to buy its retail business.
Hertz Global Holdings Inc., up 31 cents at $19.04
The rental car company posted a loss in the fourth quarter, but its outlook for 2013 topped expectations of Wall Street analysts.
Dillard’s Inc., down $8 at $76.92
The department store operator said that its fourth-quarter earnings rose 14 percent, slightly below Wall Street’s expectations.
Elan Corp. PLC, up 54 cents at $11.14
Private company Royalty Pharma said it wants to buy the Irish drug maker for about $6.5 billion, but hasn’t received a response.
Cooper Tire & Rubber Co., up 64 cents at $26.03
The tire company said that fourth-quarter net income fell by more than half, but its results met Wall Street expectations.
The Children’s Place Retail Stores Inc., down $2.18 at $45.78
A Janney Capital Markets analyst downgraded shares of the children’s clothing retailer, citing increasing competition.
Affymax Inc., down $14.10 at $2.42
The company was forced to recall its anemia drug after some kidney dialysis patients died and others had severe allergic reactions.
WebMD Health Corp., up 74 cents at $21.18
Shares of the health information company rose after posting better-than-expected revenue for the fourth quarter.
More Related Stories
- If Alex Pareene was a cable news executive...
- El Salvador court delays ruling on abortion case while woman's life hangs in the balance
- UK officials: Radical Islam behind London attack
- Pa. governor "can't find" any Latinos to work in his administration
- London machete attack could be linked to terrorism
- Conservative group blames military sexual assault on "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" repeal
- Lois Lerner, IRS disaster
- Donald Rumsfeld worried that marriage equality will lead to polygamy
- Experts: Fox News spying scandal a game-changer
- San Francisco Giant Jeremy Affeldt apologizes for homophobic past
- 9-year-old slams Rahm over Chicago schools
- Stockholm riots rage for third day
- Wall Street firm's "Golden Pitchbook" is totally sexist, full of lies
- Must-see morning clip: Toronto's eccentric and allegedly crack-smoking mayor
- Federal court strikes down Arizona abortion ban
- Jodi Arias: I deserve a second chance
- Oklahoma residents return home to pick up the pieces
- Florida man with connection to Tsarnaev killed by FBI
- FBI identifies 5 Benghazi suspects
- Here come the tornado truthers. Already
- Peace Corps to allow gay couples to volunteer together
Featured Slide Shows
The week in 10 picsclose X
- 1 of 11
Credit: AP/LM Otero
Credit: AP/Matt Rourke
Credit: AP/Jenny Aicher
Credit: AP/Molly Riley
Credit: AP/J. Scott Applewhite
Credit: AP/Carolyn Kaster
Credit: AP/Las Vegas Review-Journal/Jeff Scheid
Credit: AP/NASA/Chris Hadfield
Credit: AP/Jacquelyn Martin
Credit: AP/The Duluth News-Tribune/Clint Austin
Recent Slide Shows
- 1 of 11