The Hollywood Reporter’s list of its 10 best stories of the week:
LARRY FLYNT’S WILD LIFE: PORN, POLITICS AND PENILE IMPLANTS
25 years after his landmark Supreme Court win over Jerry Falwell, the Hustler magnate opens up about plans to out a closeted GOP congressman, his sex life at 70 and the future of his empire.
OSCARS CRASHER DETAINED IN BJORK’S SWAN DRESS (VIDEO)
Ukrainian prankster and Grammy crasher Vitalii Sediuk was stopped at the foot of the red carpet by at least six officers.
‘OZ’S’ JOURNEY: 3 STUDIO CHIEFS, MULTI-ETHNIC MUNCHKINS, JAMES FRANCO SCORES $7 MILLION
THR pulls back the curtain on Disney’s $200 million gamble to repave Hollywood’s beloved yellow brick road.
HOW SEAN HAYES’ HOUSE PARTIES LED TO NBC’S NEW GAME SHOW
The Jane Lynch-hosted “Hollywood Game Night” is based on Hayes’ shindigs — the most fun Tom Hanks ever had.
‘UP ALL NIGHT’ STAFFERS HIT VEGAS FOR LAST HURRAH
With stars Christina Applegate, Will Arnett and Maya Rudolph fleeing, showrunner Linda Wallem treats her beleaguered team to a Sin City getaway.
HOLLYWOOD’S BIG GUNS: WHO’S PACKING HEAT?
Three big-time producers land on the L.A. Sheriff’s list of 341 allowed to carry concealed weapons.
PHOTO TOUR: UTA’S ‘AMAZING’ NEW BEVERLY HILLS HQ
Fox’s Jim Gianopulos is among those wowed by the Rottet Studio-designed offices, rumored to cost $30 million — including a world-class art collection and all-digital 3D screening room.
RYAN MURPHY PREPPING NEW SHOW, TALKS PARENTHOOD AT PALEYFEST
The prolific showrunner accepted the Paley Center for Media’s inaugural Icon Award as PaleyFest 2013 gets under way.
WME SIGNS MMA FIGHTER RONDA ROUSEY AFTER LANDMARK UFC WIN
She’s the first American woman to win an Olympic medal in judo and recently won the Ultimate Fighting Championship’s first women’s bout.
JEFFREY KATZENBERG ON DREAMWORKS ANIMATION’S ‘VERY, VERY DIFFICULT’ LAYOFFS
The CEO tells THR restructuring was needed after “Rise of the Guardians” underperformed and “Me and My Shadow” was pushed back: “We’ve never had to lay anybody off . but it’s the right thing for us today.”
More Related Stories
- Iran hackers aiming at U.S. energy firms
- Lawyers release data in attempt to discredit Trayvon Martin
- Anonymous rallies behind Kaitlyn Hunt
- Bridge collapse: Part of "aging infrastructure"
- Mistrial in penalty phase of Arias case
- Amanda Bynes arrested after hurling bong from window
- Interstate 5 bridge collapses north of Seattle
- Mississippi could begin prosecuting women for miscarriages
- Teenage girl claims she was beaten up for looking like Taylor Swift
- UK Military: London attack victim was a "model soldier"
- Billionaire hedge funder: Babies, breast-feeding "kill" focus, keep women from succeeding
- "Bookless library" set to open in Texas
- 2 more arrested in London attacks
- Glenn Beck: CNN interview with atheist tornado survivor was a setup!
- Incoming BBC news director on journalism gender gap: "We can do better"
- Illegal construction, shoddy materials at fault in Bangladesh factory disaster
- Ahead of Obama's speech, U.S. acknowledges four American drone killings
- Must-see morning clip: Bill O'Reilly visits "The Daily Show"
- Lawsuit alleges anti-gay hiring practices at ExxonMobil
- Boy Scouts poised to vote, still greatly divided on gay youth
- House supporters of KXL received $56m from fossil fuel industry
Featured Slide Shows
The week in 10 picsclose X
- 1 of 11
Lisa Montgomery embraces her nephew Thursday after a tornado tore apart her home in Cleburne, Texas. The twister killed six people and destroyed entire swaths of the North Texas town.
Credit: AP/LM Otero
Jack McMahon, the defense attorney for abortion doctor Kermit Gosnell, speaks outside the Criminal Justice Center in Philadelphia Tuesday. His client was convicted of killing three babies in his clinic, and will serve multiple life sentences.
Credit: AP/Matt Rourke
A photo taken Monday captures Vice President Joe Biden's response to a Milwaukee second-grader's innovative proposal to end America's epidemic of gun violence. This guy!
Credit: AP/Jenny Aicher
Sen. Rand Paul, R-Ky., flanked by a grouper-eyed Michele Bachmann, addresses the IRS' admission that it targeted Tea Party groups in advance of the 2012 election. In an op-ed for CNN Thursday, the Kentucky senator slammed the president for his faux outrage.
Credit: AP/Molly Riley
Ousted IRS chief Steven Miller is sworn in on Capitol Hill Friday. Miller testified before the House Ways and Means Committee on the extra scrutiny the agency gave conservative groups applying for tax-exempt status.
Credit: AP/J. Scott Applewhite
Attorney General Eric Holder pauses as he testifies on Capitol Hill before the House Judiciary Committee Wednesday. Holder is under fire, among other things, for the Justice Department's gathering of phone records at the Associated Press.
Credit: AP/Carolyn Kaster
O.J. Simpson sits during an evidentiary hearing at Clark County District Court in Las Vegas, Nev., Thursday. Simpson, who is currently serving a nine-to-33-year sentence in state prison for armed robbery and kidnapping, is using a writ of habeas corpus to seek a new trial.
Credit: AP/Las Vegas Review-Journal/Jeff Scheid
Major Tom to ground control: On Sunday astronaut Chris Hadfield recorded the first music video from space, a cover of David Bowie's "Space Oddity."
Credit: AP/NASA/Chris Hadfield
When it rains it pours. President Barack Obama speaks during a news conference Thursday with Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan, inexplicably inspiring an #umbrellagate Twitter meme.
Credit: AP/Jacquelyn Martin
A smoke plume rises high above a road block at the intersection of County A and Ross Road east of Solon Springs, Wis., Tuesday. No injuries were reported, but the the wildfire caused evacuations across northwestern Wisconsin.
Credit: AP/The Duluth News-Tribune/Clint Austin
Recent Slide Shows
- 1 of 11