A gay man was assaulted by a passerby angered by the "un-American" sight of his dog's dyed-pink fur
A gay Oregon man was allegedly attacked with a wrench-like blunt object after a passerby was angered by the sight of his dog’s dyed-pink fur.
As The Oregonian reports, 26-year-old David Beltier was walking Beauty, his dyed-pink poodle, with boyfriend Jeremy Mark when the 22-year-old suspect George Mason, Jr. began to verbally attack the pair.
“He was saying, ‘Your poodle is a weird color and that’s just un-American’ and ‘fuck you, you fags’ and shouting,” Mark told the New York Daily News.
Mason then allegedly hit Beltier once in the shoulder, and then behind his left ear, with the wrench-like object. Beltier did not require medical attention for his injuries, but told KVTB “Honestly, I’m devastated by it. He could’ve gone more at it and killed me on that sidewalk.”
Mark added, “I’m just thankful he didn’t have a more serious weapon like a gun.”
Many motorists on the road during the attack stopped to help the couple and made calls for help. Mason returned to his SUV to flee the scene after the attack, but witnesses wrote down his license plate and quickly identified the vehicle to police.
Mason is under investigation for second-degree intimidation, second-degree assault and unlawful use of a weapon.
And for those concerned about the poodle, her fur was dyed using Kool Aid packets, according to her owners. The dye is non-toxic and will come out easily after a few washes.
More Related Stories
- Developers evict historic women's shelter to build luxury hotel
- Kaitlyn Hunt refuses plea offer, will go to court over high school relationship
- The secrets of cicada survival
- Nobody "needs" to rape
- Catholic Church in market for more exorcists
- Report: Nearly a quarter of all Americans struggle to afford food
- Louie Gohmert: Women should be forced to carry nonviable pregnancies to term
- This is what Guy Fieri looks like as a balloon
- Boy Scouts to members: Just don't be a gay adult
- Anonymous rallies behind Kaitlyn Hunt
- Mistrial in penalty phase of Arias case
- My text blew up in my face
- Boy Scouts end ban on openly gay boys
- Mississippi could begin prosecuting women for miscarriages
- Teenage girl claims she was beaten up for looking like Taylor Swift
- Billionaire hedge funder: Babies, breast-feeding "kill" focus, keep women from succeeding
- "Bookless library" set to open in Texas
- Man arrested for sending Craigslist sex party to neighbor's house
- Greek yogurt, toxic waste hazard?
- Glenn Beck: CNN interview with atheist tornado survivor was a setup!
- Incoming BBC news director on journalism gender gap: "We can do better"
Featured Slide Shows
The week in 10 picsclose X
- 1 of 11
Credit: AP/LM Otero
Credit: AP/Matt Rourke
Credit: AP/Jenny Aicher
Credit: AP/Molly Riley
Credit: AP/J. Scott Applewhite
Credit: AP/Carolyn Kaster
Credit: AP/Las Vegas Review-Journal/Jeff Scheid
Credit: AP/NASA/Chris Hadfield
Credit: AP/Jacquelyn Martin
Credit: AP/The Duluth News-Tribune/Clint Austin
Recent Slide Shows
- 1 of 11