Hillary Clinton has been working hard to prove that she is hip with the kids, from lampooning herself on "The Tonight Show" and “Saturday Night Live” to sitting down for interviews with youth-focused venues like Refinery 29 and Lena Dunham’s Lenny Letter.
But perhaps Clinton’s greatest asset when it comes to wooing young people is her Instagram account. While all the Presidential candidates have stepped up their social media games as of late, Clinton's feed is a feat of stylized self-promotion. Featuring an aesthetic that seems to take its cues from Socality Barbie and the Kinspiracy, Clinton has perfected all the tropes of millennial hipsterdom, from #nailart to #foodporn to objects artfully elevated in front of a colored backdrop. (Slices of avocado toast arranged in the shape of an H? It's only a matter of time).
Here are 18 lessons we learned from the coolest millennial on Instagram (sorry, Kanye).
1. Your nail art should always be on fleek:
2. An emoji is worth a thousand words:
3. A good selfie is always worth a regram:
4. Never be afraid to get inventive with your selfie tactics:
5. It's important to #EatClean:
6. Food is meant to be played with (and then captured in a highly saturated aerial shot):
7. An good outfit always deserves an #OOTD post:
8. Don't be afraid to pic-stitch
9. Using pic-stitch to combine an #OOTD with a #TBT is a great way to kill multiple birds with one stone:
10. Inspirational quotes are best rendered in cursive:
11. A well-selected #TBT is everything:
12. Nothing curries favor like a cute animal pic:
13. When in doubt, hold something up against a brightly colored wall:
14. It's important to keep up with pop culture:
15. Take ownership of your memes:
16. Doodles are cool:
17. Crochet is A-OK:
18. When in doubt, a backwards baseball cap in front of an out-of-focus skyline is always a safe bet: