On his show last night, Conan O'Brien ran another iteration of his "Buzzfeed's Running Out of Lists" segment.
Buzzfeed came into consciousness by way of the often reductive, yet impossible not to click on, listicle. The media juggernaut has put out many years' worth of listicles, which get progressively more obscure.
The site is also known for its quizzes, largely involving Disney, Gilmore Girls, and the like. So in similar spirit, can you tell which of these are "Conan" parodies and which are actual Buzzfeed listicles from the past week (because who needs to go any further down that rabbit hole)?:
- "16 Guys We Wish Weren't Wearing V-Neck T-Shirts"
- "11 Wanted Criminals Meeting Sean Penn For Fro-Yo"
- "19 Texts HGTV Fans Have Definitely Sent Before"
- "The 17 Most Dad Things That Ever Dadded"
- "7 Former Attack Drones That Successfully Transitioned Into The Private Sector"
- "21 Very Horrifying First World Problems People Had At Starbucks"
- "14 People Who Don't Know A Spider Crawls On Their Face Every Night"
- "10 Purses That Are Great For Poop-Mergencies"
- "18 Photos Of U.S. Presidents In The Bathtub"
- "31 Geometry Teachers Eating Alone At Baja Fresh"
- "12 Hitlers That Look Like Cats"
- "19 Things You'll Only Understand If You Grew Up Eating Tamales"
Conan: 1, 2, 5, 7, 9, 10, 11. Buzzfeed: 3, 4, 6, 8, 12.
If you thought this was a waste of your time, direct feedback here.
And watch the full segment below: