Hillary Clinton's camp apparently conducted enough public opinion polling to determine it was finally time Thursday to go after her likely general election opponent, Donald J. Trump.
However interesting it was to watch Clinton on the offensive, the resultant slam speech likely won't persuade Trump's die-hard base. And if Trump is the Don Rickles of the 2016 race, Clinton is the Carlos Mencia: the cadence was there and I reluctantly laughed at times, but it was pretty apparent she didn't write her own material.
So kudos to whichever staffer(s) penned these tasty zingers. You've got some long days ahead of you:
10. "Unlike him, I have some experience with the tough calls and the hard work of statecraft"
9. "Donald Trump's ideas aren't just different, they are dangerously incoherent"
8. "He is not just unprepared; he is temperamentally unfit to hold an office that requires knowledge, stability, and immense responsibility"
7. "Being interviewed on the same '60 Minutes' episode as Putin was is not the same thing as dealing with Putin"
6. "He believes we can treat the U.S. economy like one of his casinos"
5. "It's not hard to imagine Donald Trump leading us into a war just because somebody got under his very thin skin"
4. "We are not a country that cowers behind walls"
3. "There's no risk of people losing their lives if you blow up a golf course deal"
T1. "We all know the tools Donald Trump brings to the table: bragging, mocking, composing nasty tweets. I'm willing to bet he's writing a few right now"
T1. "I will leave it to the psychiatrists to explain his affection for tyrants"
Watch highlights of Clinton's speech below: