Most popular dog breeds in America
These guys are happy because their little brains literally can't grasp the concept of global warming.
It’s an international bestseller featuring the life and sayings of a charismatic leader and self-styled prophet. It’s also a book whose words have been used to justify the march of armies and the slaughter of innocents. But is it the Bible, the Quran or “Mein Kampf”?
Identify which of the three books contains the following passages:
1. The fearful and unbelieving and the abominable and murderers and whoremongers and sorcerers and idolaters and all liars shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone.
2. Endless ruin has overtaken the enemy, you have uprooted their cities; even the memory of them has perished.
3. Anyone who dares to lay hands on the highest image of the Lord commits sacrilege against the benevolent creator of this miracle and contributes to the expulsion from paradise.
4. We will drive the guilty to hell thirsty.
5. He that believeth not shall be damned.
6. As for these towns, we destroyed them when they acted unjustly, and we have appointed a time for their destruction.
7. Almighty God, bless our arms when the time comes; be just as thou hast always been; judge now whether we be deserving of freedom; Lord, bless our battle.
8. I know the blasphemy of them which say they are Jews, and are not, but are the synagogue of Satan.
9. Wherever you are, death will overtake you, though you are in lofty towers.
10. Gold has become the exclusive ruler of life, but the time will come when man will again bow down before a higher god.
11. Those among you who exceeded the limits of the Sabbath, so we said to them: Be as apes, despised and hated.
12. The punishment shall be doubled to him on the day of resurrection, and he shall abide therein in abasement.
13. Verily a man cannot serve two masters.
14. Their sword will become our plow, and from the tears of war the daily bread of future generations will grow.
15. The prophet seldom has any honor in his own country.
Bonus: Put the three books in order according to Amazon.com’s current sales ranking.
- – - – - – - – - – - -
1. Bible (Revelation 21:8)
2. Bible (Psalms 9: 6)
3. “Mein Kampf” (Vol 2, Chap.1)
4. Quran (19.86)
5. Bible (Mark 16:16)
6. Quran (18.59)
7. “Mein Kampf” (Vol. 2 Chap. 14)
8. Bible (Revelation 2:9)
9. Quran (4.78)
10. “Mein Kampf” (Vol. 2, Chap. 2)
11. Quran (2.65)
12. Quran (25.69)
13. Bible and “Mein Kampf” (Matthew 6:24 and Vol 1, Chap. 3)
14. “Mein Kampf” (Vol. 1, Chap. 1)
15. Bible and “Mein Kampf” (John 4:44 and Vol. 1, Chap. 11)
Bonus: Amazon Sales Ranking: Quran (Rank: 59), King James Bible (9,798), “Mein Kampf” (12,266).
Tom McNichol is a San Francisco writer whose work has appeared in the New York Times Magazine, the Washington Post, and on public radio's "Marketplace" and "All Things Considered." He is a contributing editor for Wired magazine.More Tom Mcnichol.