The comments section of Sarah Palin's Facebook page is littered with angry -- and unintentionally funny -- puns
Skimming through the comments section of Sarah Palin’s most recent Facebook note earlier this week, we were struck not so much by the hostility toward President Obama, but by the strained attempts to twist his name into some kind of an insult: “Nobama,” “Obomba,” “La Bamba” and so on. Other commenters skipped the puns and crafted their own nicknames for their president. We then checked Mike Huckabee’s page and found the same phenomenon at work. So we decided to compile our favorites:
10. Obummer – Dave McArdle, from Nashville, Tenn.
9. Obonehead – Timothy Ditter, from Little Elm, Texas
8. Obeyme – David Burkhardt, location unavailable
7. Lyer in Chief – Jimmy Douglas, from Lubbock, Texas
6. Golfer-in-Chief – Jim Schroud, from Sun Prarie, Wis.
5. King of Teleprompters – Nelinda Fleming, location unavailable
4. Barry the weak – Don Barnhill, location unavailable
3. One Big A*# Mistake America – Elizabeth Mushill, from Bethalto, Ill.
2. Obama 2012!!! Muslim Reign is Christian Pain! – Thomas Dado, from Ventura, Calif.
1. Enuich(sic)-in-Chief – Charles Harry Sharrard, location unavailable
Justin Spees is an editorial fellow at Salon. More Justin Spees.
More Related Stories
- There's no substitute for government disaster relief
- Holder signed off on search warrant for reporter
- Mississippi could begin prosecuting women for miscarriages
- Mike Judge: "Bowling for Columbine" made me pro-gun
- Closing Gitmo is not enough
- Murkowski: Palin too disengaged to run for Senate
- In IRS scandal, new GOP tactic is ignorance
- Code Pink activist berates Obama at national security speech
- Cuomo: "Shame on us" if New York City elects Weiner
- Coburn calls questions about tornado aid "typical Washington B.S."
- Conspiracy theorists clash over London attack
- Voting is not a right
- Destroying the planet for record profits
- Ahead of Obama's speech, U.S. acknowledges four American drone killings
- Pic of the day: Barack Obama at prom
- Anti-Islam backlash in London after machete attack
- Must-see morning clip: Bill O'Reilly visits "The Daily Show"
- Obama’s drone speech will probably be maddening
- Boehner: "Inconceivable" Obama didn't know about IRS targeting
- Obama to announce new effort to close Guantanamo Bay
- House supporters of KXL received $56m from fossil fuel industry
Featured Slide Shows
The week in 10 picsclose X
- 1 of 11
Credit: AP/LM Otero
Credit: AP/Matt Rourke
Credit: AP/Jenny Aicher
Credit: AP/Molly Riley
Credit: AP/J. Scott Applewhite
Credit: AP/Carolyn Kaster
Credit: AP/Las Vegas Review-Journal/Jeff Scheid
Credit: AP/NASA/Chris Hadfield
Credit: AP/Jacquelyn Martin
Credit: AP/The Duluth News-Tribune/Clint Austin
Recent Slide Shows
- 1 of 11