The television host and restaurateur responds to Peter Wells' harsh critique of Fieri's new restaurant UPDATED VIDEO
UPDATE: Ironically, the New York Times held an event at Guy Fieri’s restaurant the same day that Peter Wells’ nasty review came out. The Times stated, “The Times ad sales department hosted an event for clients at the restaurant last night. The event was planned two months ago.”
Guy Fieri responded this morning to the New York Times’ negative review of his new Times Square restaurant, Guy’s American Kitchen & Bar. (The review was so mean-spirited that it went viral yesterday). On the “Today” show Fieri said, “There’s good and there’s bad in the restaurant business, but that to me went so overboard, it really seemed like there was another agenda.”
Marilyn Hagerty, the North Dakota woman whose earnest review of the Olive Garden went viral earlier this year, questioned Wells’ approach in the review. She wrote an email told Yahoo! News saying,”I do mention the good and the bad. If it’s all negative I wonder, ‘What is the point?’”
Twitter reactions, on the other hand, were considerably more amused than Fieri:
Prachi Gupta is an Assistant News Editor for Salon, focusing on pop culture. Follow her on Twitter at @prachigu or email her at email@example.com. More Prachi Gupta.
More Related Stories
- Mississippi could begin prosecuting women for miscarriages
- Teenage girl claims she was beaten up for looking like Taylor Swift
- UK Military: London attack victim was a "model soldier"
- Billionaire hedge funder: Babies, breast-feeding "kill" focus, keep women from succeeding
- "Bookless library" set to open in Texas
- 2 more arrested in London attacks
- Glenn Beck: CNN interview with atheist tornado survivor was a setup!
- Incoming BBC news director on journalism gender gap: "We can do better"
- Illegal construction, shoddy materials at fault in Bangladesh factory disaster
- Ahead of Obama's speech, U.S. acknowledges four American drone killings
- Must-see morning clip: Bill O'Reilly visits "The Daily Show"
- Lawsuit alleges anti-gay hiring practices at ExxonMobil
- Boy Scouts poised to vote, still greatly divided on gay youth
- House supporters of KXL received $56m from fossil fuel industry
- 80-year-old becomes oldest to climb Mount Everest
- Before FBI shooting man implicated self, Tsarnaev in triple murder
- Paul McCartney backs Pussy Riot
- UK emergency committee convenes after attack
- Brave scout leader tried to reason with London attackers
- If Alex Pareene were a cable news executive...
- El Salvador court delays ruling on abortion case while woman's life hangs in the balance
Featured Slide Shows
The week in 10 picsclose X
- 1 of 11
Credit: AP/LM Otero
Credit: AP/Matt Rourke
Credit: AP/Jenny Aicher
Credit: AP/Molly Riley
Credit: AP/J. Scott Applewhite
Credit: AP/Carolyn Kaster
Credit: AP/Las Vegas Review-Journal/Jeff Scheid
Credit: AP/NASA/Chris Hadfield
Credit: AP/Jacquelyn Martin
Credit: AP/The Duluth News-Tribune/Clint Austin
Recent Slide Shows
- 1 of 11